British Base Sectors

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

British Base Sectors

Post by Walderschmidt »

When the British set up trucks on capture points, you can't use arty call ins or Feuerleit barrages in the area.

I was playing a game with Figree and four others the other day and couldn't call in a barrage on a juicy American target because the sector was secured by a British base truck.

I believe this is part of the reason the allies feel like they have an overwhelming advantage if both sides pursue an arty party strategy.

I'd like this changed so that trucks/sectors secured by trucks can have arty call ins fired on them normally. Thoughts?
20190925021136_1.jpg
Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Krieger Blitzer

Re: British Base Sectors

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I would rather suggest to re-work the entire British faction to become similar as the rest, with static HQ base.. and no more mobile HQ trucks, I never liked the idea of mobile HQs and actually it's nothing more than a vCoH remnant by Relic.

MenciusMoldbug

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

Wherever the british sets up his HQ truck counts as the HQ sector; and this is the same HQ sector that the American HQ has so you can't just call in arty on their barracks, tank depot, or whatever. So basically, if the devs added a 'no axis planes allowed on american HQ sector' into the game, this would also apply to the british HQ and you would no longer be able to call in axis planes in the sector it setup. I don't remember if you could differentiate British and USA HQ sectors for artillery clearance but I'll be guessing it's a no.

Kwok had a nice idea a long time ago to make the mobile HQ's less mobile and one-time deployment things and I found that idea nice. But if British trucks (or at least their starting truck) can no longer lock down a sector I don't see why the scout car should be able to do so either. The scout car should be able to increase the resources you can get from a sector on lock down but should not stop it from being capped. It's pretty abusable in giant sector maps and it's only 'fair' because the British could do the same.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

I'd be in favor of completely reworking the British faction and avoiding mobile HQs, to be honest. Locking down sectors to be uncappable is a pretty cheap mechanic, IMO.

I understand why it happens. I just hate it. It's almost a free arty shield.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL