WH Terror Officer (and others)

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

WH Terror Officer (and others)

Post by Warhawks97 »

I found the Terror doc Officer squad very cool with its special doctrinal abilities. However, i think that with the diversification of the officers roles among the doctrines, certain abilties shouldnt be additional non-doctrinal abilties anymore, such as the off-map arty strike and supervision.

Terror Doctrine Officer:
Lets start with the terror doc officer. Most of the time he is required at the frontlines to make the Volkssturm tactics working properly. He will become very important for all terror doc infantry engagments in the future as the doctrine wont have grens anymore.

So, (1) for that reason i think supervision ability isnt really required anymore and besides the few tanks there arent many units that take a long time to build anyways. It should be replaced with a smoke drop ability in order to improve the tactical options in infantry engagments and assaults when using volkssturm and Volksgrens.

(2)The second ability that doesnt really fit so much anymore is the off-map arty strike and to be honest, the doctrine has a nice package of quite easily accessable artillery. Instead the officer should have the ability "Heroic charge" similiar to that from CW lieutnants. Its unlocked perhaps at vet 1 or via any of the doctrinal unlocks. So his focus is on pure infantry support.

In short:
1. Replace supervision with smoke drop call in
2. Replace Off-map arty stike with Heroic charge ability.

Defensive Doctrine Officer:

This officers main role is the defense of sectors. Here officer off map defensive arty/mortar strike would fit excellent. Def doc currently unlocks an off-map strike which gets unlocked via Hummel arty off map strike and that can be used on captured cap points in case an enemie is trying to cap it. Its a global one and with little or almost non cooldown and with guranteed squad whipe. I would remove this ability from the global abilties and instead the officer will overtake this role. How exactly it would work is open to suggestions. I got a few.

1. The officer can call the off-map strike anywhere at his sector where he stays in.
2. The officer can call the off-map strike at the cap point he stays in and as long and as often as he has the ammo with little to no cooldown of the ability.
3. The officer can call the off-map strike at any point arround him in a certain area but only on friendly territory.

Blitzkrieg Doctrine Officer:

In BK doc the officers role is less heavy inf support (which is usually done by the stormtroopers which have their own leader squad which already has an off map mortar strike) and instead more focused to get more units into the field so that the troops are quickly re-supplied and to continue ongoing pushes. Thats why this officer should get the supervision ability so that tanks and stuff can role off the factory a lot faster.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 18 Sep 2019, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Re: WH Terror Officer (and others)

Post by kwok »

This is the direction we want to take officers across all factions. Terror was our test doctrine. so thanks for starting this thread early.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

I like this idea.

Support terror idea completely.

Still thinking about defensive doc.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

We think it'd be a cool idea to implement for every faction. Would really like ideas for every doctrine including USA, CW, PE.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

kwok wrote:We think it'd be a cool idea to implement for every faction. Would really like ideas for every doctrine including USA, CW, PE.

Infantry Doctrine:

For inf doc i would whish a 3 men squad and good support abilities for the infantry combat. Quite similiar to terror in its role. Binoculars, VT, stuff like dropping flares, some sort of temporarily infantry boost to nearby inf and most importantly, being able to camo after ranger vet unlock. Later on he would act similiar as the BK leader squad in support to the ranger force.

The abilties he would get:
1. Two guards.
2. Victor target
3. Ambush (passive) after ranger vet unlock
4. Upgrade to get three Thompson
5. Temporarily boost to nearby troops (defenisve stance? Offensive action?
6. Dropping some sort of flares to gain sight.
7. Perhaps affecting nearby AT guns to increase their rate of fire (i have no idea how officers in general affect nearby weapon crews like AT guns)
8. Can be recruited from the Ranger Truck.

Armor Doctrine:

1. As long as he is placed in the base and near Motorpool and Tank depot, all Tanks and Vehicles are being produced faster.
2. Special boost to nearby engineer units (normal and combat engineers, esspecially defensive boosts during repairs)

Thats it so far.

Airborne Doctrine:

1. Can officers call in airplanes like in coh2?
2. He can call in the supply drop as well when the ability is unlocked.
3. Binoculars.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

For armor doctrine, I think the officer should be a tank commander.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL