British Recce

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

British Recce

Post by Walderschmidt »

I think it's time to change this unit, the bane of most (unprepared) Wehrmacht player's existence.

I made a thread about the Pak 37mm to get some improvements because it's always been weird to me that the Pak 37mm HT, the 28mm Scout Car, and 28mm HT can all frontally penetrate the stuart armor of the Recce, yet the Pak 37mm can't.

I think the main issue of the Recce is that it's a super unit because it has to cover so many areas the British player is lacking.

1) Recon - it's almost like a super jeep but better because .50 cal and 37mm pak impervious frontal armor
2) Harrassment - it's actually kinda speedy like a jeep
3) Anti-infantry

I think this unit should be decoupled from its recon role and the British player given spotters like the Americans and Wehrmacht, and otherwise made vulnerable to pak 37mm at guns. Should be the case, maybe it could get a slight cost decrease?

What do you guys think? Ideas?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Re: British Recce

Post by Warhawks97 »

The 28 mm had better penetration values. Thats correct.

Give Pak 36 a bit higher pen chance, in case even adding APCR.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Erich

Post by Erich »

I think slow down a bit would be enough, The real problem is that unit can be everywhere

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Erich wrote:I think slow down a bit would be enough, The real problem is that unit can be everywhere
Thats true. The Recce accelerates better than a stuart light tank and is faster.

Recce:
Acceleration: 6
Speed: 6.5

Stuart:
Acceleration: 4
Speed: 5.8

Bren carrier:
Acceleration: 2.5
Speed: 5.1

Sdkfz 234 Series:
Acceleration: 3-4.5
Speed: 8-8.5

Just to give an perspective: Staghound acceleration is 4. Jeeps acceleration is 5.5 (both are faster but thats bc they are wheeled). Dingo and Bren carrier acceleration is just 2.5 and Bren carriers speed is just 5.1.

As i went through the files i was wondering why the dingo and esspecially the bren carrier are so unmobile. The accelerate slow and the bren carrier is slower than most light tanks such as stuart.

The chaffes mobility is also rather poor compared to stuart tank although it.

The extrem mobility of the recce seems to be the main issue. It accelerates faster than pretty much all other units such as jeeps, bren, chaffe, stuart, dingo, daimler armored car, starghound, Greyhound, M20 (even those have just 4.5 acceleration). It accelerates more than twice as fast as a dingo and bren carrier. In fact i havent found any vehicle that accelerates as fast as the recce. All other tracked vehicles have an acceleration of 2-4. The Recce clearly stands out with 6. Its also the fastest of all tracked vehicles.

I think the Recce need to be fixed to match the mobility with other tracked vehicles, in particular the stuart light tank as the recce has the chassis and hull of a Stuart.

And meanwhile the mobility for bren carrier needs a small fix perhaps.
Build more AA Walderschmidt