German AT - Beta 1.8.1

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
MenciusMoldbug

Re: German AT - Beta 1.8.1

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

I said long time ago that light vehicle veterancy tables were broken/using VCoH stats. Meaning they vet up fast and get huge boosts to their overall stats while other units gradually get stronger bit by bit. In particular the Recce at vet 3 is actually more dangerous than a vet 4 AA Crusader to infantry. Because that 50cal gets a +25% damage boost at vet 3, couple that with +25% damage boost for units out in the open and the 50Cal starts doing max 47 damage per bullet to infantry models and you will see entire squads getting wiped out in 1-3 bursts from Recce's. Some vehicles even get a penetration boost to their 50cals which means light vehicles from the axis side (especially PE) cease to exist because the 50cal kills them almost immediately in one burst. Not to mention most of these light vehicles get a permanent flank speed boost at vet 1 (+25% speed).

So the first thing I would do to fixing 50cals or other light vehicles is to fix their veterancy tables. I'm like half-sure that complaints about light vehicle 50cals in general come from how good they become when they reach their max vet, becoming god-like infantry killers with those vet stats.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

^didn't even know that, would make sense!

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Allied usually get speed buff at vet 1, then damage/pen at vet 2 and 3.

Axis usually get more HP, less taken damage and stuff like that. Cant remember to 100%.

So i suggest to do what menicus said.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

For the Axis, all that really concerns me.. is the less taken damage at vet.4 for tanks; i believe this should stay, and probably Allies should be same.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:For the Axis, all that really concerns me.. is the less taken damage at vet.4 for tanks; i believe this should stay, and probably Allies should be same.

Tanks are adjusted to Bk mod like infantry and recently AT guns.

Its only about vehicles that remain with their 3 step vcoh veterancy where each level provides massive boosts. Its not about Tanks.
Build more AA Walderschmidt