Suggested Improvement of HMGs

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

Suggested Improvement of HMGs

Post by Walderschmidt »

One of my pet peeves with MGs is that there's no hold position capability. From what I understand, it's a model limitation.

What this often means is that when I manually switch targets with an MG, he often packs up to "get into a better firing position", rather than shoot at the target, even if said enemy is well within the left and right limits.

My thought is to make a 4 man squad, similar to the Ranger Squad call-in from the Infantry Doctrine.

It has a set-up time and left and right limits. And hold position.

So why not make a new HMG squad?

Make it 4 man, have a firing cone, hold position, set up and break down time, and the same stats/cost as an HMG?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Walderschmidt

Re: Suggested Improvement of HMGs

Post by Walderschmidt »

Nevermind. Kwok and I tested this and it won't work.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MenciusMoldbug

Re: Suggested Improvement of HMGs

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

Walderschmidt wrote:
What this often means is that when I manually switch targets with an MG, he often packs up to "get into a better firing position", rather than shoot at the target, even if said enemy is well within the left and right limits.
This is something I learned way back in company of heroes online because some video was featuring it:

If you wait for the MG42 (or any HMG) to stop shooting its 'burst' (its lasts for like 2 seconds) and then manually switch to another target. It won't pack up and re-pack like it does in this situation. The reason behind this I don't remember, but I've kept it in my head when dealing with this issue involving HMG's.