mofetagalactica wrote:We got panzer 3 E versions on propaganda and defensive doc, we used to have D version available at blitz and we also have PanzerIII F version that comes with top mg (available for panzer elite scorched earth doc)
I would recommend you read the wikipedia articles about PZ 3 and PZ4. Both came out roughly at the same time and served from the first days of WW2.
Originally the PZ III was supposed to be the main tank with a 37 mm gun equiped. But soon the Tank got upgunned to a 50 mm L/42 as enemie armor proofed to be too strong to be penetrated by 37 mm guns and finally received the 50 mm L/60 gun as anti tank weapon.
The Panzer IV´s orginial role was pure support for the Panzer III´s and equiped with a Stubby 75 mm gun to destroy AT guns, weapon crews, Pillboxes, Infantry and any sort of fortifications and loopoing HE shells behind cover. Both tanks started with 30 mm armor and got soon upgraded to 50 mm armor for the Panzer IV till F2 version and 60 mm for the Panzer III J.
As the Tank III reached its maximum in terms of firepower, the Tank III and IV switched roles. The Tank IV received the longer 75 mm L/43 from the F2 version onwards and soon the 75 mm L/48 gun (G/H/J) version while the last Panzer III version (N) received the 75 mm stubby gun to fight soft targets. More than half of all Tank IV´s were long barrled versions, mainly H/J from 43 onwards.
Both also received thicker armor with up to 80 mm frontally.
That means that the Tank III N is actually more "modern" than the Tank IV´s with stubby guns.
Actually, the Tank III N has to be more wide spread among doctrines than the stubby Tank IV F1 and E versions. The D got luckily removed as it was a tank from 1940 and totally outdated at times when Panthers came out.
But that also means that the Tank III N would have comparable armor to Tank IV J, but the reality is that even the Stubby Tank IV E and F2 versions have better armor values with their actual 50 mm armor than the Tank III N currently has. And thats something that bugs me.
So my anwer to this is:
My advice would be to:
-Move panzerIII units (propaganda/defensive) to krieg barracks being able to be produced at assault phase
-Give PanzerIII F version to propaganda so you can actually have something decent to support sturms squads without having to rush stugIV
-PanzerIII E/F same price than PzIV F
-PzIII N same price than PzIV F after getting cheaper Pz4 cp unlock
-PzIII N better armor stats againts 57mm
-PZIII can upgrade APHE (ap special shot) and use it on assault phase (currently at late phase) without being able to use it when HE is on.
-MarderIII (defensive doc) moved to krieg barracks being able to be produced at assault phase afterall it was a shitty chasis unit with a big cannon
-75mm Halftrack (reward unit of 50mm puma) being able to be build at skirmish phase (from assault phase)
-Cammo or binoculars ability for Puma 50mm (compared to chaffe) and it would also make scense since it was a scout/flank unit. <---(experimental)
- Add more Tank III N to german main "armor" docs and place the Tank IV E and F1 with stubby gun to docs that have tanks only as support.
- Weaken the Panzer IV´s E/F1 armor in relation to Tank III N. In terms of armor strenght it would be: Tank IV E/F1/F2< Tank III N/Panzer IV J< Tank IV J/H with skirts.
- Panzer III would be as resistant to 57 mm AT guns as Panzer IV J.
- Panzer IV E/F1/F2 logically getting weaker in overall armor strenght, including against 57 mm, 75 and esspecially 76 mm guns.
- I am against more widespread use of these Marder III´s. They cost no CP, have deadly HE and MG, cost little and used in tag team can destroy entire tank assaults. They are potent gun platfroms with high rate of fire, even more so in stationary mode. So no, it shouldnt be available for all WH docs. Else the game becomes again lame little camp unit spam.
- About scout units i thought a lot about units and Bincoulars. But giving all scout units binoculars would mean that jeeps/schwimms, M20, Pumas and also PE "Scout cars" and those with 20 mm would be able to use bincoluars. I tested it privately on M20 and smaller vehicles but it got quite abusable. Like you can anytime activate super sight vision and move again. In coh2 with truesight system that would work, but in coh1 engine it might ruin all the fun. What i tested was "weaker" binocular abilites for vehicles and officers so that they could be used temporarily as recon units but with less spotting range than "true" spotters. But still, there would be bincoculars all over the place.