Captain/Officers

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
mofetagalactica

Captain/Officers

Post by mofetagalactica »

Im lazy to make long post, so what do you guys think about current officer (Wh/cw) / captain?

I would suggest to make them a little more offensive like the PE officer that comes with 2 bodyguards.

Warhawks97

Re: Captain/Officers

Post by Warhawks97 »

1. US captain should be a special one in inf doc with a 3 men squad and nice abilities (eg heroic charge and stuff, smoke call or whatever).
2. WH depends on doc, def doc one with perhaps some sector bonus on friendly territory to underline the doctrines defensive approach with some sort of defensive abilties for boosting nearby troops defense. Terror doc should be the only officer unit with propaganda abilties (to weaken enemie combat stats and/or to boost nearby units offense stats for a while)
3. About CW´s captain i would say its pretty good the way it is. CW has lieutnants which fill the role of what call captain in other factions. In fact the CW captain is a special guy no other faction can build with section wide boosts including res boosts at a certain vet level. Its supposed to bolster CW´s defensive capabilties and he is actually good in doing so. So since CW can build multiple lieutnants that can perhaps boost your offense i dont see why captain should become a Lieutnant 2.0. I like its "specialness"
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Black Panther

Post by Black Panther »

Can't say how much I sympathy to WM aura/buff (praise the vCOH) bonuses from the officers and on the same time cringies, when I imagine a squad with a mg34/42 being like on pervitin, unkillable or dealing extra damage.

Yeah, 3 men captain squad should exist and having abilities like the CoH2 has, with some tactical and superior firepower abilities, but I would make a 3-men squad as a basic for a whole faction, maybe separating abilities for each doctrine.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

Warhawks97 wrote:1. US captain should be a special one in inf doc with a 3 men squad and nice abilities (eg heroic charge and stuff, smoke call or whatever).
2. WH depends on doc, def doc one with perhaps some sector bonus on friendly territory to underline the doctrines defensive approach with some sort of defensive abilties for boosting nearby troops defense. Terror doc should be the only officer unit with propaganda abilties (to weaken enemie combat stats and/or to boost nearby units offense stats for a while)
3. About CW´s captain i would say its pretty good the way it is. CW has lieutnants which fill the role of what call captain in other factions. In fact the CW captain is a special guy no other faction can build with section wide boosts including res boosts at a certain vet level. Its supposed to bolster CW´s defensive capabilties and he is actually good in doing so. So since CW can build multiple lieutnants that can perhaps boost your offense i dont see why captain should become a Lieutnant 2.0. I like its "specialness"

What about this:

WH Blitz + Terror Officer: 1 radioman(Gewehr 43) + 1 Bodyguard (kar98) + Officer. <--- Call in smoke habilities maybe? (While removing force retreat)

WH Def Officer : 1 radioman + Officer (Sector defensive aura).

USA Captain: (inf doc only): 1 radioman (m1carbine) + 1 bodyguard (garand) + captain. <------Call in Smoke habilities maybe? (While removing force retreat)

CW leutenants: 1 radioman (enfield) + Leutenant. <-------Call in smoke habilities maybe?

CW Captain : 1 radioman (enfield) + Captain.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

mofetagalactica wrote:

What about this:

WH Blitz + Terror Officer: 1 radioman(Gewehr 43) + 1 Bodyguard (kar98) + Officer. <--- Call in smoke habilities maybe? (While removing force retreat)

I would make terror and BK officer different.

I am not sure whether i want that dude in BK doc to keep one men or not. BK doc already has this very unique stormtrooper leader squad with heroic charge, off map mortar strike and sneaky crawling.
Most of the time here i use these storms for the offense and the officer stays back at the HT boosting my back up volks or he keeps inside the base to boost the production speed.

So far i would give this dude a light arty off map barrage ability for low cost (to be honest, the off map "arty" strike is one of the strongest in the entire BK. It clears out a building for sure and surroundings, something no other arty strike does for sure. I would rework it into something more realistic... like 75 mm off map support or a small 4 shell 105 mm arty off map strike.
But generally i am not declined to make it a 3 men squad which focuses more on offensive support.

So i would propose two options for him:
1.Support: Keeps one men who can boost production of a building and has a light off map arty strike of 4-6 75 mm off map arty shells.
2. Offense: Becomes a 3 men squad which can call in an off map arty strike of four 105 mm arty shells or off map smoke call in. The second ability is like a Blitzkrieg ability or heroic charge. Infantry arround him starts running a little bit faster and gets harder suppressed.

The Terror officer should be 3 men which can boost nearby inf with propaganda stuff. The "forced retreat" thing would be replaced something like "propaganda war" with which he can perhaps weaken the combat stats of an enemie inf squad temporarily.

Perhaps he could also be the officer that can observate buldings so that they produce faster.

WH Def Officer : 1 radioman + Officer (Sector defensive aura).

Liked. Passive ability or one you can activte that boosts the sector he is in for a while?

USA Captain: (inf doc only): 1 radioman (m1carbine) + 1 bodyguard (garand) + captain. <------Call in Smoke habilities maybe? (While removing force retreat)

Here i like this idea actually:
Black Panther wrote:Yeah, 3 men captain squad should exist and having abilities like the CoH2 has, with some tactical and superior firepower abilities, but I would make a 3-men squad as a basic for a whole faction, maybe separating abilities for each doctrine.

We would need to collect some ideas for each doctrine then. But generally US would be arround tactical plane and arty support in various ways.

mofetagalactica wrote:CW leutenants: 1 radioman (enfield) + Leutenant. <-------Call in smoke habilities maybe?

CW Captain : 1 radioman (enfield) + Captain.

Sounds good. Lieutnant has heroic charge at vet one and can call in a strong arty strike in arty doc after a CP unlock.
Build more AA Walderschmidt