panthers

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Viper

panthers

Post by Viper »

in reality:

panther.a has same turret as panther.d but the rotation speed for panther.a is faster.
panther.a and panther.d turret
panther.a and panther.d turret

panther.g has different turret with extra armor protection. approximately 50mm more :!:
panther.g turret
panther.g turret

in bk mod:

panther.a and panther.g have same armor. and panther.d is the cheapest.....but has best armor :!:
although panther.g is most expensive. but has no binocular scope upgrade anymore. so i don't know why it is still most expensive.........

conclusion:

panther.g need armor buff. american 76 mm and 17p should have harder time to penetrate panther.g compared to other panthers.
because in coh the frontal armor is the average value of the overall frontal hull + frontal turret. not only the hull.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: panthers

Post by MarKr »

Correction:
There is a difference between "needs" (from game-play perspective) and "realistically should have".
- Yes, Panther G realistically had more armor.
- No, Panther G does not need more armor (from game-play point of view).

Viper

Post by Viper »

so the question:

why is the panther.g more expensive than panther.a now :?:

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

So the answer:

Because Panther G has better armor than Panther A and Panther G also comes with skirts pre-installed, while A needs to invest further 50 ammo for them.

EDIT:
Panther G has also better top MG - it can rotate in full 360°, the Panther A MG only coverssome area in the direction where the turret is facing (the MG on its own does not rotate), which is another advantage.

Viper

Post by Viper »

ok. makes sense.

but in my opinion i think panther.g should be slightly cheaper from 890 mp to 800 mp. does not make much different anyway.
just to keep it cheaper than tigers.
panther.a costs 770 mp so the panther.g at 800 mp will be still more.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Panther g has not more armor. It's side armor was increased by 5 mm.

On turret they added some sort of "bulge" to prevent shots bouncing from gun mantle downwards penetrating the hull roof.

In game g has best armor with additional 0.9 received penetration modifierr.

So idk where these bullshit claims come from. It had better side armor and a weak spot fixed. And in game g has best armor.

Thing is early panther models had better armor quality.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Viper

Post by Viper »

Warhawks97 wrote:In game g has best armor with additional 0.9 received penetration modifier

not very true.
because......
v4.9.0 patch change.log wrote:- Luftwaffe doctrine's Panther should now be a bit harder to penetrate

i think in bk mod panther.d has the best armor.
maybe check the stats again.

wolf did it this way to compensate the slow turret.

Warhawks97 wrote:So idk where these bullshit claims come from. It had better side armor and a weak spot fixed.

i think the answer to the claim is in your text.
they fixed a weak spot. so now it is harder to penetrate the tank from the turret......

Warhawks97 wrote:On turret they added some sort of "bulge" to prevent shots bouncing from gun mantle downwards penetrating the hull roof.

and this "bulge" is made out of steel.
50 mm of additional steel.......

Warhawks97 wrote:Panther g has not more armor.

so. it did have better armor protection.

Warhawks97 wrote:Thing is early panther models had better armor quality.

correct. the german steel quality for early tanks were better. because they suffered more resources year after year. this is also why tigers had very good armor and always performed very well on the battlefield during the war. although it's not sloped. it's because tigers were early war tanks & the steel quality used to build them was extremely high.
but this is irrelevant realism point.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

This bulge below the gun was just a fix to prevent bad bounces that would penetrate the hull roof. But they didn't increase the armor elsewhere but sides.

It might be that d also has 0.9 modifier just like the g. So both would have same armor except that g has skirts at default which improve armor.
So g hast the Best default armor and is as good as d with skirts.

So g has one weak spot less, d beat steel quality. So what? What do you want now? The panther is very well protected against 76 guns.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Viper

Post by Viper »

i dont want anything :D just made the topic to say panther.g should cost 90 mp less :mrgreen:
just to not break the principle of "tigers always cost more than panthers" and that's everything........

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Viper wrote:i think panther.g should be slightly cheaper from 890 mp to 800 mp. does not make much different anyway.

Given the fact that Terror doc Tiger tank currently costs 840 MP then I would lower the Panther-G price to 839 MP and this way the principle would also remain unbroken! XD

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

^DO IT FOR THE MEMEZ
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL