Misplaced "hold position" ability

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Beast Slayer

Misplaced "hold position" ability

Post by Beast Slayer »

I noticed that Wasp have "hold position" ability which will disable its movement/rotation after activation but the thing is that this unit do not need it in the slightest because of its short attack range which require it to constantly move to get in range so its kind of counterproductive while other units which need it much more like the wehr mortar halftrack which have rear mounted mg42 do not have it. Why? This makes no sense. My HT is constantly turning to face enemies with its front so Im barrely ever able to use its MG to fend of infantry squads which get too close.

Do you have any plans to change this in the future by adding this ability to units with rear mounted weapons and removing it from the ones which do not need it like Wasp?

kwok
Team Member

Re: Misplaced "hold position" ability

Post by kwok »

Not at home, can’t check now, but just acknowledging this has been read
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

kwok wrote:Not at home, can’t check now, but just acknowledging this has been read

When you get home let me know what you think about this.

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Just found out that even Beobachtungspanzer IV have this ability. Im confused. Why units which do not need it have it and the ones which do dont?

I really hope you will sort this out when you will get to the doctrine reworks. Right now it makes no sense.

Viper

Post by Viper »

Beast Slayer wrote:Do you have any plans to change this in the future by adding this ability to units with rear mounted weapons and removing it from the ones which do not need it like Wasp?

i support this.

all vehicles with mg at the rear should have "hold facing" ability.
and all tanks with long reload time should have "hold fire" ability.

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Now that you are reworking doctrines will you also implement the "hold position/fire" abilities which was mentioned above?

Im asking this again because no concrete answer was given to me besides the "this has been read" message posted by kwok.

So what should we expect?