Turret rotations on vehicles.

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Turret rotations on vehicles.

Post by Warhawks97 »

is there a reason why Staghound and 20 mm armed vehicles have such a high turret rotation while Greyhound does not? It seems that the 20 mm and Staghound are leftovers from vcoh. That feature makes these vehicles several times better than a greyhound.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

kwok
Team Member

Re: Turret rotations on vehicles.

Post by kwok »

My guess is vcoh values were just never thought about and changed. Could be considered
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

@kwok, have you guys ever considered slowing down the turret rotation speed of the 20mm armored cars and adjusting their damage to reflect the open top flak halftracks in the game? Might just be me but they seem considerably weaker than the halftracks in terms of DPS even though they have the same armament. In terms of play they feel less like an armored vehicle and more like a schwimmwagen with a 360 degree turret. Slowing their turret rotation speed would change the way the unit is used in the sense that they would no longer be able to drive right next to a unit and quickly shoot all the inf surrounding them quickly without having to worry about positioning, but when shooting from a position that is at a more realistic standoff distance in order to make up for their slow turret slew, they would shred infantry. Positioning would be a lot more important, which would bring these vehicles more in line with the other 20mm armed vehicles. They would still maintain their unique utility in that they are a lot more mobile and survivable than the halftracks, so it wouldn't change balancing much but I think it would be an interesting change to see in the game at some point after more pressing issues are dealt with.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Yeah see the latest beta patch. Turret rotation updated.
In terms of damage that wasn’t changed, but I haven’t heard others say that it is needed
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

CGarr wrote:@kwok, have you guys ever considered slowing down the turret rotation speed of the 20mm armored cars and adjusting their damage to reflect the open top flak halftracks in the game? Might just be me but they seem considerably weaker than the halftracks in terms of DPS even though they have the same armament. In terms of play they feel less like an armored vehicle and more like a schwimmwagen with a 360 degree turret. Slowing their turret rotation speed would change the way the unit is used in the sense that they would no longer be able to drive right next to a unit and quickly shoot all the inf surrounding them quickly without having to worry about positioning, but when shooting from a position that is at a more realistic standoff distance in order to make up for their slow turret slew, they would shred infantry. Positioning would be a lot more important, which would bring these vehicles more in line with the other 20mm armed vehicles. They would still maintain their unique utility in that they are a lot more mobile and survivable than the halftracks, so it wouldn't change balancing much but I think it would be an interesting change to see in the game at some point after more pressing issues are dealt with.

The 20 mm weapons are still acting different in game (just like the 37 mm guns on allied side).
They are actually all the same type but have different values.
The single 20 mm guns from def doc (stationary and on HT) are more similiar to 37 and 40 mm guns. Long time ago i posted about it and not just once.
The quad 20 mm are more like upgraded heavy machine guns. So 20 mm guns behave extremely different, sometimes they are 37 mm guns, sometimes cal 50 machine guns.
Build more AA Walderschmidt