Price adjustment for Lieutenant, Captain and Command Tank after teching up

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Beast Slayer

Price adjustment for Lieutenant, Captain and Command Tank after teching up

Post by Beast Slayer »

I want to propose something.

It always bothered me that even after I pay the fuel "tech up" cost of the aformentioned units to reach the next tier I still need to pay this ridiculously high fuel cost when they die and I want to rebuy them. Recruiting new Captain after he was killed will cost me 30 fuel which is absurd. I will rather save fuel for tanks and tank destroyers to counter German tanks. Can you remove the fuel cost of Lieutenant and Captain so they will be still considered as a viable choice even after they die? You can increase the MP cost instead to compensate for this. Ranger Captain cost 250mp so setting the same or similar price for Lieutenant after the purchase would be a reasonable idea. I do not think MP cost of Captain need to be changed though because 300mp is already enough. Also lower the cost of Command Tank after I purchase it because 70f for a unit which you need to constantly babysit is honestly too much. Tank commander is more convenient way how to improve the effectiveness of your tanks anyway so its not like you will make CT OP or anything but of course the main reason for the price reduction is the permanently present "tech up" cost. I know you can reduce the price of these units because you already did similar thing to the Daimler car which is cheaper after the Captain hits the field.

Do you like the current versions of Lieutenant and Captain which are powered by British petrol engine or would you rather see their price adjusted after first purchase so they will be still viable even when you need to spend fuel on something else?

I think this change makes sense. What do you think?

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Price adjustment for Lieutenant, Captain and Command Tank after teching up

Post by MarKr »

I can see what you mean but I would not remove the fuel cost because techning up of any other faction costs fuel and if you remove the fuel cost of these "tech up" units, then CW will have more fuel to field more tanks/vehicles faster than other factions which might mess up the balance.

I may try to find a way so that you would pay the fuel cost the first time you buy them and if you lose them and want to rebuild them, the fuel cost would be gone and perhaps the MP cost would be higher - at least LT and Cpt., Command tank is still a tank so the fuel cost should not be removed completely. But I cannot promise anything, we would need to discuss it with other devs.

Beast Slayer

Re: Price adjustment for Lieutenant, Captain and Command Tank after teching up

Post by Beast Slayer »

MarKr wrote:I can see what you mean but I would not remove the fuel cost because techning up of any other faction costs fuel and if you remove the fuel cost of these "tech up" units, then CW will have more fuel to field more tanks/vehicles faster than other factions which might mess up the balance.

I understand that.

MarKr wrote:I may try to find a way so that you would pay the fuel cost the first time you buy them and if you lose them and want to rebuild them, the fuel cost would be gone and perhaps the MP cost would be higher - at least LT and Cpt., Command tank is still a tank so the fuel cost should not be removed completely. But I cannot promise anything, we would need to discuss it with other devs.

Thats exactly what I had in mind. Right now you are paying the "tech up" cost every single time you are purchasing these units which is anything but balanced to me. I will never ever rebuy Captain after he dies for 30f. That is bonkers crazy. Also I agree that the CT should cost fuel even after first purchase but the cost should be definitely lower.