Canister shot of Stuart tank

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Beast Slayer

Canister shot of Stuart tank

Post by Beast Slayer »

After the 5.1.6 patch all Stuart tanks do not need to purchase HE rounds anymore. Instead they can switch to them right away for 15mun which makes canister shot pretty redundant when you consider its cost of 50mun. Why would I ever waste 50mun per shot on CS ability when I can shoot HE shells over and over again just for the initial cost of 15mun? Wouldnt it be better to lower the cost of CS to make it more attractive to use because right now I nearly never use it. Its better to save ammo for weapon upgrades then one use of an overly expensive ability.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Canister shot of Stuart tank

Post by MarKr »

Unlike the HE shots, the CS cannot miss, has wider AoE (often catches entire squad in it) and higher damage. If enemy infantry rushes close to you, this can be life saving.

Beast Slayer

Re: Canister shot of Stuart tank

Post by Beast Slayer »

So I tested that CS some more but unfortunately I cannot say its worthy of 50mun for what it does. Its range is far shorter then the range of regular HE rounds so it will not help me against infantry armed with panzerschrecks because those have longer range then the CS ability. Also when somebody want to rush me with AT nades then I will simply move in reverse and wipe them out with HE rounds. Considering the long recharge time, short range, and damage comparable to HE rounds ( better damage and AoE you mentioned was barely noticeable ) I cannot find a reason why to ever use this ability for such a high cost. The only situation I would ever see it semi-useful is when I have AP rounds loaded because Im fighting against armored targets and suddenly infantry squad appears out of nowhere but even then that squad will be most likely out of range and if they have schrecks Im screwed anyway. I think 30mun ( or even a slight range increase ) for such a situational ability would be more reasonable.