Camouflage ability for american airborne squads

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Beast Slayer

Camouflage ability for american airborne squads

Post by Beast Slayer »

Wouldnt it be better if american airborne squads had passive camouflage when in cover? Fallschirmjagers and Gebirgsjagers of the Luftwaffe have this ability so why not to give it to the 101st and 82nd airborne too? The purpose of airborne was to paradrop behind enemy lines and secure important crossroads, bridges or to destroy enemy assets like artillery and after that they tried to hold their position until the main fighting force came and relieved them. They had no armor support so if they wanted to survive they needed to wait in cover and ambush approaching enemy forces therefore I think this ability would be fitting for them. What is your opinion?

Warhawks97

Re: Camouflage ability for american airborne squads

Post by Warhawks97 »

This is been in debate for idk how many years already.

Havent played AB doc in a long time. 82nd has or is supposed to get it.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MenciusMoldbug

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

I wanted this for Rangers actually, not as an ability but as a passive camouflage. They are currently using the AT inf squad camouflage which is kinda wonky (it also says something about how this is an AT squad camouflage when you read the description on the Rangers). Because it takes so long for them to get into ambush with it. Considering they come a lot later now I would rather they just get passive camouflage instead of having a push-this-button-in-cover-to-activate-camouflage. Because it's just extra clicking for no reason (and who would not want to be camouflaged while in cover).

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Why not make all AT squads auto-camo when in cover? Would save a lot of heartache.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Yeah I agree with you. All of the manual ambush abilities on infantry units should be removed from the game in my honest opinion. It would reduce the amount of required babysitting a lot. Only the hold fire command should be manually activated and thats it. I do not understand why some units like rangers have manual camo and fallschirmjagers do not. It seems a little bit inconsistent.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Beast Slayer wrote:Yeah I agree with you. All of the manual ambush abilities on infantry units should be removed from the game in my honest opinion. It would reduce the amount of required babysitting a lot. Only the hold fire command should be manually activated and thats it. I do not understand why some units like rangers have manual camo and fallschirmjagers do not. It seems a little bit inconsistent.

Well, they have the same camo as storm troopers where they can crawl and move.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Walderschmidt wrote:
Beast Slayer wrote:Yeah I agree with you. All of the manual ambush abilities on infantry units should be removed from the game in my honest opinion. It would reduce the amount of required babysitting a lot. Only the hold fire command should be manually activated and thats it. I do not understand why some units like rangers have manual camo and fallschirmjagers do not. It seems a little bit inconsistent.

Wald

I was talking about regular rangers which you can recruit from barracks and not the infiltration rangers. Basic rangers have manual camo when in cover after doctrinal unlock. It would be better if they had passive camo as Mencius said. Same goes for all other similar units.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Beast Slayer wrote:
Walderschmidt wrote:

Wald

I was talking about regular rangers which you can recruit from barracks and not the infiltration rangers. Basic rangers have manual camo when in cover after doctrinal unlock. It would be better if they had passive camo as Mencius said. Same goes for all other similar units.

Oh, agreed.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY