Sniper Rapid Fire Ability

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
MenciusMoldbug

Sniper Rapid Fire Ability

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

I don't remember what the ability exactly did, but I think it was 15% less accuracy and 50% or 25% faster cooldown on Sniper units. By itself it doesn't sound too bad but when you take all the other stuff that decreases cooldown like:

- Being in certain buildings (higher elevation buildings give Snipers better cooldown modifiers)

- Veterancy (every veterancy level reduces cooldown by 10%)

- Officer Buffs (veterancy 2 or above ones usually give 10% cooldown buff on weapons)

- doctrinal/non-doctrinal ability buffs (inspired assault buffs weapon cooldown by 50%)

If you combine enough of these buffs; you can get a Sniper that's sniping a model every one and a half second. A high veterancy Sniper that constantly uses rapid firing ability with another one of these buffs literally makes PE infantry disappear from the game. They walk off the face of the earth, never to be seen again. Because a single Sniper can rambo pretty much all their super-expensive squads out of the map. They can try to artillery them, strafe them, or use any sort of big hammer tool to destroy them immediately. But Snipers aren't that hard to replace, considering a Sniper is worth about the same amount as a single PE squad.

Rather than tuning this ability, I would rather see it removed. I remember a patch that added in the Snipers ability to Snipe off a tanks MG gunner. Though I don't know if it was guaranteed or left to RNG. I would make people aware of the Snipers ability to do this by having a free ability that lets you Snipe a tanks top MG gunner out. As even I had almost forgotten a Sniper could do this and rarely ever used it because it's one of those things the game doesn't really tell you about.

kwok
Team Member

Re: Sniper Rapid Fire Ability

Post by kwok »

Grr that was my secret for a while. I was going to bring this up as point to general sniper reworks.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Mind.Blown.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I dont think its much of a secret. Else i wouldnt have seen constantly double US sniper with captain within the reach that totally denies enemie infantry.

Its been a while that i played a game but the last 4 vs 4 ive played was always sniper rush asap as US, esspecially vs PE. Sometimes there were up to 5 snipers that dominated the entire "skirmish area" (the area between the two sides hidden units.. i just call them this way).

All you had to do was watching Tigers yt vids who always brought up snipers.... a few are too eager though and double schwimm tactics with aggressive krad could ruin someones day.

The building boost is new for me though.
Build more AA Walderschmidt