Ranger banzai charge

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Beast Slayer

Ranger banzai charge

Post by Beast Slayer »

I tried to use grenade volley on ranger infiltration squad but the results was ridiculous. Even when my squad was evidently in range instead of throwing grenades every single squad member run out of cover even closer to the enemy just to be poped into head one at a time. My second attempt was to place my squad behind hedge and throw grenades on flakvierling emplacement right behind it but again instead of throwing grenades they tried to run around that hedge which would mean instant death so I rather canceled that ability and wasted 50 mun for nothing. They even ignore my hold position command. Is it possible to make them less suicidal?

Beast Slayer

Re: Ranger banzai charge

Post by Beast Slayer »

Just make them stop when they are in throwing range in similar way how singular grenades work if possible.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

I have no problem destroying an emplacement with rangers .... one question ... do you play pvp?

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

I never said there is a problem in destroying an emplacement. Im talking about their behavior during the ability.

And yes I do but mainly with friends.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I know what you mean. I might be able to think of something but not sure if it’ll break the ability.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

We will check it, it is possible that the ability forces the soldier to come closer than they should.
Do you have same problem with the Grenade volley of Storms?

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Grenade volley sometimes doesn't work when using hold ground ability. They also have to "run arround/get closer" first. At least I gave up using hold ground for of these abilities to prevent wasting ammo for nothing.

So I would say yes to that question.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

MarKr wrote:We will check it, it is possible that the ability forces the soldier to come closer than they should.
Do you have same problem with the Grenade volley of Storms?

I tested stormtroopers just a while ago and they behave in the same way as rangers so I think all grenade assault abilities are like this which includes the one fallschirmjagers use.

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

Warhawks97 wrote:Grenade volley sometimes doesn't work when using hold ground ability. They also have to "run arround/get closer" first. At least I gave up using hold ground for of these abilities to prevent wasting ammo for nothing.

So I would say yes to that question.

Grenade volley works even when you order your squad to hold ground. At least it worked for me. They just ignore that order and run into melee range like morons.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Beast Slayer wrote:I tested stormtroopers just a while ago and they behave in the same way as rangers so I think all grenade assault abilities are like this which includes the one fallschirmjagers use.
I was worried it might be the case. The action that is used for normal grenade throw can be set more specifically - how many grenades should be used thrown, what grenade it should use etc. the the action used for volley works differently, it basically says "use volley" and you cannot set anything else. I have about two ideas we can try but if they don't work we're probably out of options :/

Beast Slayer

Post by Beast Slayer »

MarKr wrote:
Beast Slayer wrote:I tested stormtroopers just a while ago and they behave in the same way as rangers so I think all grenade assault abilities are like this which includes the one fallschirmjagers use.
I was worried it might be the case. The action that is used for normal grenade throw can be set more specifically - how many grenades should be used thrown, what grenade it should use etc. the the action used for volley works differently, it basically says "use volley" and you cannot set anything else. I have about two ideas we can try but if they don't work we're probably out of options :/

Well any ideas are welcome if they have even a slightest chance to replace current suicide charge ability. Hope it will work. Good luck.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Markr, what about just increasing the range of the throw and decreasing range of activation?
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Yeah, that was one of the things I wanted to try but people say here that the ability sometimes cancels hold ground and whatnot so which is something it should not do. I am not sure how this will be fixable. Also theBeast Slayer said that the squad ran around a hedge rather than throwing the volley over it, this suggests that the ability either requires direct line of sight or that there is some issue with the grenade settings - if it is the latter, I am again not sure if it is fixable.