"""Changes, unit replacements, (should not be done)"""

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.

Would you like to recover replaced or missing units and keep the new ones?

Yes, I think they could all stay in harmony, and that they would find a place
No votes
I agree partially, I think that other kind of changes should be made
No votes
Perhaps
No votes
No, I think they should stay as they are
No votes

Total votes: 0

Alexcast369

"""Changes, unit replacements, (should not be done)"""

Post by Alexcast369 »

:)
hello to the entire blitzkrieg community, the reason why I make this announcement, is because, I would like to give my opinion

about the changes of units, or replacements or disappearance of these, I have no problem as to, changes in, the damage system in each unit, I think that is extremely necessary, however, I do not know if it is the only one, or of the few people who oppose the disappearance of units, and I mean all of them in general, for allied factions, or the axis.

I have always thought that it is wrong, to make disappear, or change one unit for another. since I believe that a part of the history of this conflict that is so important disappears, I think it should not be so. To disappear a unit is to forget or to erase a little the one of this conflict

I understand that the game must be leveled, and must be balanced so that it is enjoyable for all players, but I know that they could find a place in the game, both in the doctrine in development, placing them in a building, etc.

putting examples, it could be like

the replacement of Rocket V-1 of The Wehrmacht's Terror doctrine, by the Sturmtiger (Sturmmorser)

or by the recent change of the anti-tank equipment with the anti-tank rifle panzerbushe 41

in replacement of the 36 mm Pak 36, these changes, I consider them as unnecessary as not very useful, since either the units fulfill almost the same function, or fulfill it but in a less practical and efficient way than the units they replace,

I think it could be created, a space in the doctrine, or in some building, for the units and coexist all in harmony, and if there is a mismatch in the balance, you can always add another unit to the opposite faction to make it more just

I understand, that some units could be very monotonous, or that it could even be more of the same but still, that part of the story should be preserved, where I come from, they say it's better, than what is missing, and I think that it's okay.
That blitzkrieg mod should be known for its wide diversity and variety of units, even though it has fallen short in terms of the number of existing units, of course. we will count all the axes and especially germany use. During this conflict, however, I understand the extensive work. that make the team of this mod and must be arduous, that's why instead of asking for more units, and just concentrate on asking. What I'm trying to do is only recover all those units that
have been disappeared, either for one reason or another.
In short without extending more this I thank you dear reader for taking the trouble to read, and whether you agree or not. I hope that this mod, and the forum remain for a long time more. in advance greetings to all and I hope that this mod will continue changing and evolving, as it has done so far. This is my humble opinion and I hope that this small change can be implemented :) :D

kwok
Team Member

Re: """Changes, unit replacements, (should not be done)"""

Post by kwok »

Can you tell more about the Pak36 replacement? It still exists in PE.

As for the V1 rocket vs sturmtiger, it was mainly removed for pvp balance as well as a mix of historical prevalence.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Alexcast369

Post by Alexcast369 »

you will see the 36 mm pak 36 was replaced was in the command for the Wehrmacht available in all doctrines in version 5.1.6 in favor of the anti-tank equipment with an anti-tank rifle panzerbushe 41 I think

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Yes, but you said the unit no longer exists. It still exists in PE.
The change was done as a buff to axis in the pvp setting. Since then, allied vehicle rushes (especially the recent rush) have become less powerful. Keeping both would be too strong for WM since it would essentially provide more options in the early game relative. Options is power in the early game especially on lower resource games where it tends to play out like Rock Paper Scissors. It’s the same reason why CW only has piats even though historically they had bazookas as well.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Generally speaking, units are removed when:
1) their model is broken to such degree that it causes too obvious visual bugs (e.g. the US M3A1 - which had broken animations and so did not work correctly)
2) they are too strong and cannot be changed (e.g. the KCH which were a Rambo squad. We could not "nerf" them because they would require a huge nerf to stop being OP and such nerf would make them basically same as Grenadiers - then why have two units that are the same, only look different?)
3) unit A is replaced by unit B and and keeping both units available at the same time would cause ballance issues
4) unit A is replaced by unit B and and making a reward option of A OR B would lead to people always choosing B (why make it a rewawrd option if nobody will use it anyway?)

The units you speak of were removed because they were unnecessary.
Sturmtiger got same damage values as V1. If V1 was kept in the game, it would mean that player would have access to V1 and also to "V1 on tracks" a.k.a. "Sturmtiger" which would be too strong. If it was turned into a reward option, then nobody would choose Sturmtiger simply because V1 is easier to use (basically just click somewhere and that is all).
Similar applies to the PaK36. Keeping available the PaK and the squad at the same time would give to WM more options in early game, which is not a good move. Turning it into reward options would again mean that nobody would choose the PaK because the new squad has many advantages over the PaK - better mobility, shoots in 360°, can retreat, has abilities which keep it viable even later in the game.

PaK36 for WM and V1 were both reasons 3) and 4) combined.