Command Tank for Blitzkrieg Doc and other stuff

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
MenciusMoldbug

Command Tank for Blitzkrieg Doc and other stuff

Post by MenciusMoldbug »

One problem I've noticed when comparing blitzkrieg doctrine to say terror is that terror is obviously superior in all regards, especially when you get very late into the game. Even if blitzkrieg doctrine has Tiger Ace as its final trump card Terror get's King Tiger and since both docs share unlockable panthers and P4's start getting phased out; It's not clear what advantage blitzkrieg is supposed to have later on other than getting a good early-mid game punch.

I wanted blitzkrieg doc in its own way to have an advantage in tank warfare that terror doc does not have; and since blitzkrieg doc is supposed to represent a sort of 'numerical-superiority' in tank numbers (as in making lots of Panzer 4's). It would be nice if their numerical superiority could be rewarded by having a command tank that buffs stuff around in a aura range.

There is no real need to add a new model into the game for this, a command vehicle symbol on the top like the one for m20 command car should be good enough. Or if there is a need for a new model you can add the Panzerbefehlswagen IV which is just a normal P4 with antennas on top.

On aura buffs, I would like a general re-work on how aura buffs currently work. Something like what drivebyhobo mentioned here: viewtopic.php?t=2664

I would like to see the buffs reworked so it is not as micro-intensive for players who have to use these vehicles; they could be simple enough as a british command tank which just has to follow tanks around to give it bonuses. Since Americans can only really get 1 command vehicle; The buffs for them should be reworked so they are permanent. Perhaps with the exception of the defensive aura which can be popped in an emergency like sherman smoke. In exchange for being permenant, some of the buffs can be reworked with this in line (example being the range buff can be toned down/or replaced with something else). The command vehicle can also get an increased accuracy against it (say 50-75% increased accuracy on it) when it activates a buff; so it's very easy to kill. If a command vehicle for blitzkrieg doctrine is taken into consideration, I would like it more inline with how the m20 command car works currently with different types of buffs but with the idea of them being permanent in mind.

Walderschmidt

Re: Command Tank for Blitzkrieg Doc and other stuff

Post by Walderschmidt »

This idea is interesting.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Command tank for BK is one of things we disscussed internaly in the team too for the rework. It wouldn't even need any Puma model - in PE we have the Beobachtungs PIV which is a model with an antenna so it could be used for BK as a command tank.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I do like the idea, however US and CW command tanks/vehicles are very squishy. The US m20 even killed by 20 mm guns within seconds. Would be a little bit unfair to have a Tank IV J that can withstand even 76 mm guns, providing good bonuses and perhaps shoots even by its own (what it shouldnt do).

The drawbacks would be probably high cost which makes it questionable to either spend it into a single command tank which i hope doesnt fight by its own or to get just another fighting tank IV out.

So it would make sense having a cheaper command vehicle which can also quicker relocate itself like when tanks elsewhere need help.

So for both sides it it would be favourable to have a command vehicle that is fast and mobile. I know that many sdkfz 222 served as commando vehicles. The 234 didnt as far as i know. Sure, there were command tanks as well (tank III, IV and i think even Panthers as command tanks). But for gameplay a vehicle would be better.... mobility and cost for the user, less reasons to complain for the enemie about unkillable command units that can thus provide endless bonuses to "Super Panthers/Tank IV´s" without any real chance killing them to stop giving bonuses. Esspecially in combats where one tank forces rights another it can become unfair. One side gets his command unit shot outright, the other side keeps its own bonus for much longer due to higher survivability.

So vehicles would be my prefered options, as enemie as well as user.
Build more AA Walderschmidt