Rifle AT nade being OP, crushing nazis faces

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
kwok
Team Member

Re: Rifle AT nade being OP, crushing nazis faces

Post by kwok »

Thanks for the post Jacob. Would love to get more of your insights and other questions we are struggling with in the game. What are you working on nowadays?

I’m aware of the EVP calc (but not in name, only in observation) and is the reason why I don’t play those obnoxiously hilly maps. "Evp" I think is also the reason why HE rounds were buggy before (target ground instead of unit). I ran into this working on CoH2 and one weird way around it is by adding a cartoonish looking arc to the shot. Ugly but worked. If the projectile moves fast enough with no tracer animation, it’s unnoticable.

Whether EVP exists or not in a calculation though, EVP is not something really that impactful on the grand scheme of “what happens most of the time”.

The main question is:
Would players prefer the rng based accuracy or more “like the mortar/piat” round method? Because that would effectively make most shots easily dodgeable. Just imagine trying to use attack ground against all targets instead of how it is currently. That’s how it’d effectively work.
Last edited by kwok on 25 Dec 2018, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

Jacob_PL wrote:Hello.

I am the Relic expert Chifyo (or Viper) talked about.
Worked for Relic Entertainment since it was founded in 1997 in Vancouver, Canada.

Hello,
If what you said is true, it is an honor that you have commented in this forum

Viper

Post by Viper »

was watching this...........
https://youtu.be/EHamYitGJZc?t=1275
so i remembered this old topic about the discussion of evp effect, i think it's good example.

the greyhound would die if it didn't move........the rocket can't follow the target if it exceeds the evp limit in the essence game engine of coh.

MEFISTO

Post by MEFISTO »

mofetagalactica wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 03:36
You need 3 riflenades to destroy anything bigger than scout car or ht's, so its not op for me its just usefull to make them run.
100% with figree, at least it's usefull, also you have pay for the upgrade and to use it.

CGarr

Post by CGarr »

MEFISTO wrote:
05 Apr 2020, 20:03
mofetagalactica wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 03:36
You need 3 riflenades to destroy anything bigger than scout car or ht's, so its not op for me its just usefull to make them run.
100% with figree, at least it's usefull, also you have pay for the upgrade and to use it.
Same here, the aim time is also definitely long enough for an armored car to get out of range easily if the riflemen are firing it from long range. If they are close enough that escaping the range isn't possible before it fires, then you moved your car too close to a squad with an AT weapon so that is on you.