Stuka patrole on base

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Stuka patrole on base

Post by Warhawks97 »

Can we just disable stuka patrole on base?
Two games now in which luft just used that on base and dropped fallis. First game was two luft guys doing that while last one spammed hotchkiss, second game was one luft doing that backed by hotchkiss spam of two arty *cough* Th docs.

That have been the most abusive games ive ever played in BK.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

The New BK Champion

Re: Stuka patrole on base

Post by The New BK Champion »

Let me guess, wurf :P :P ?

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Stuka air-patrol already can't target base buildings currently, only AA turrets.. which is so far intended, I guess.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tiger1996 wrote:Stuka air-patrol already can't target base buildings currently, only AA turrets.. which is so far intended, I guess.

cant say for sure. I recked my supply yard and weapon support center. I might have been crashing planes. Dont have the replay anymore.

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

That must be wurf

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

Warhawks97 wrote:
Tiger1996 wrote:Stuka air-patrol already can't target base buildings currently, only AA turrets.. which is so far intended, I guess.

cant say for sure. I recked my supply yard and weapon support center. I might have been crashing planes. Dont have the replay anymore.

The planes don't target base buildings, that's true. But even if they don't, they crash into base 1/3 times. You could say it's a coincidence, but some players do that on purpose, only hoping to kill enemy buildings.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

You don't have to send the planes to the base sector - they look for targets in a radius around the place where you click so even if you click to the sector next to base (as close to the base sector border as possible) they will still go after the base AA emplacements. So I don't think that making it impossible to use in base sectors will solve anything. Also making it impossible to target base sector would meant that if CW builds bunch of emplacements in a sector and deploy their HQ there too, the sector cannot be targetted either.

I will try to find some other solution for this.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

mofetagalactica wrote:That must be wurf

It wasnt wurf. But i know his name so perhaps i will simply place more M16 AA near base next time.

MarKr wrote:You don't have to send the planes to the base sector - they look for targets in a radius around the place where you click so even if you click to the sector next to base (as close to the base sector border as possible) they will still go after the base AA emplacements. So I don't think that making it impossible to use in base sectors will solve anything. Also making it impossible to target base sector would meant that if CW builds bunch of emplacements in a sector and deploy their HQ there too, the sector cannot be targetted either.

I will try to find some other solution for this.

Hmm, thats true.

Does crashing planes have some sort of damage like weapons have it? Perhaps that could be lowered against base buildings so that planes accidentially crashing into a base building wont destroy it completely. Its something that can happen with all airstrikes placed close to the base.

That would probably be the only way solving it.

Also i wonder, isnt it possible to place Victor target, firestorm etc on CW truck areas but not US bases?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Warhawks97 wrote:That would probably be the only way solving it.
Or the ability could ignore the base AA emplacements and then it will have nothing to target in a base, unless you build some emplacements there yourself.

Warhawks97 wrote:Also i wonder, isnt it possible to place Victor target, firestorm etc on CW truck areas but not US bases?
Probably not. CW trucks flag their sectors as "base sector" and the abilities you mentioned are set to be impossible to activate in base sectors. If the trucks don't create "base sector" then CW would have no resource income because the game sends resources to "base sector" through connected sectors, so for CW sectors would then keep "flashing" (no resource income) because the game would not know where to send resources.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:That would probably be the only way solving it.
Or the ability could ignore the base AA emplacements and then it will have nothing to target in a base, unless you build some emplacements there yourself.

Might solve the issue but i am shooting base emplacments with arty as well. I consider them as legit targets.

I dont want to mess up things just bc one guy did that.
One guy did perhaps an abuse and all would suffer.

But unless a huge wave of complains arrive it might be better to keep the current state and hope that it wont get abused further.

MarKr wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:Also i wonder, isnt it possible to place Victor target, firestorm etc on CW truck areas but not US bases?
Probably not. CW trucks flag their sectors as "base sector" and the abilities you mentioned are set to be impossible to activate in base sectors. If the trucks don't create "base sector" then CW would have no resource income because the game sends resources to "base sector" through connected sectors, so for CW sectors would then keep "flashing" (no resource income) because the game would not know where to send resources.

alright, thanks. Good to know. I never really came to a situation in which i had to place it on a sector with a truck in it.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

MarKr wrote:Or the ability could ignore the base AA emplacements and then it will have nothing to target in a base, unless you build some emplacements there yourself.

I honestly don't like this solution...
Stuka patrol should always be able to target AA emplacements, including the base turrets.

Currently the Stuka patrol can't target base buildings or medics, so everything is fine.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I hate the Stuka patrol on principle. But I know completely reworking it essentially demolishes the work built behind it and the (extremely extremely) annoying meta built around it. I wait for the reworks before going on my fallsj rant lol.

Just giving a heads up to devs if they wanted to delay making balance updates cuz you can bet I’ll prob write an essay that even Warhawks and tiger find too long. And I hope others will agree and we can ask for another rework
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

kwok wrote:I wait for the reworks before going on my fallsj rant lol.

Can you perhaps start the rant now so that I don't have to rework the rework 3 hours after it's been reworked?