What's the point of getting howie Sherman now?

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Mr. FeministDonut

What's the point of getting howie Sherman now?

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

I was thinking the other day, what's the point of getting Howie Sherman now?

That tank, I might be wrong, using the ranges of rocket hotchkiss, that is very low. But in comprasion, hotchkiss just shoots 4 rockets for a very low duration, when howie sherman, has a real slow RoF and most important, being too much in danger with it speed or just staying long enough, waiting for a finishing barrage for 50 muni. Just compare, what hotchkiss can do for this amount of muni!

Any veteran players got anything to add to this? Maybe I'm misguided or using the howie sherman wrong?

kwok
Team Member

Re: What's the point of getting howie Sherman now?

Post by kwok »

Mobile emplacement killer. Good to put pressure onto a specific location with some hit/run element to it. Personally, I don't use it often because I don't arty and the new rocket meta is faster alternative. It has more use on lower skill level games where players might not have the skill to chase down a sherman that's harassing from far away. But it scales better than rockets in terms of vet, imo. I still don't use it dont because I prefer not having my arty be the centerpiece of my units. Else I would've gone arty doc.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Why is it even limited to one?

I don't think range is an issue sInce it is effectively a tank in terms of armor an hp.

Just getting a single one doesn't makes sense to me for 4 cp.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

It's worth it, but like Warhawks says, a shame that you can only get one.

It's relatively accurate if you don't fire at max range (try firing at 70% or less). Often times I'm able to murder whole infantry squads when I catch one that my opponent is not paying attention to.

That said, it makes its money in 2v2s and above more than 1v1s.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL