What's the point of getting Tigers now?

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

What's the point of getting Tigers now?

Post by Walderschmidt »

I was thinking the other day, what's the point of getting Tigers now?

In almost every case, I'd much rather get a Panther which is cheaper, has similar or better frontal armor, is faster, has a better gun, and strikes more fear into the allied players than my Tigers ever could. Kwok among other players have told me the only Axis tank they truly fear is the Panther. The heavy tiger is easy airstrike fodder (though it is somewhat more survivable because of arty changes at least).

I can't think of any reason I'd want a Tiger except to end an already winning game faster because I don't want to wait on the 75 extra fuel I'd need for the Panther.

Any veteran players got anything to add to this? Maybe I'm misguided or using the Tiger wrong?

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

MarKr
Team Member

Re: What's the point of getting Tigers now?

Post by MarKr »

Tigers will get some changes. They will have more basic accuracy at longer ranges (had less than Panthers) which should help to reduce DPS drops caused by missed shots - it will also make the Tiger a bit more accurate when shooting on the move. They will also receive a bit more basic damage because in its "class" it was quite low. Also in the next patch the Tigers will have much more resistant rear armor to 75mm guns of Allies, they will not be impenetrable as they used to but the chance will be lower so especially flanking Cromwells will have harder time taking down Tigers than Panthers (who will keep their weak rear armor).
On the other hand the Flank speed ability on Tigers will be removed.

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

MarKr wrote:On the other hand the Flank speed ability on Tigers will be removed.

Dun dun dun!

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

The New BK Champion wrote:
MarKr wrote:On the other hand the Flank speed ability on Tigers will be removed.

Dun dun dun!

Lolololololol even after the update we will never hear the end of the topic.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

MarKr wrote:Tigers will get some changes. They will have more basic accuracy at longer ranges (had less than Panthers) which should help to reduce DPS drops caused by missed shots - it will also make the Tiger a bit more accurate when shooting on the move. They will also receive a bit more basic damage because in its "class" it was quite low. Also in the next patch the Tigers will have much more resistant rear armor to 75mm guns of Allies, they will not be impenetrable as they used to but the chance will be lower so especially flanking Cromwells will have harder time taking down Tigers than Panthers (who will keep their weak rear armor).
On the other hand the Flank speed ability on Tigers will be removed.

And most importantly, Tiger ACE and Pershing ACE would receive ALRS and Rapid Shots abilities at vet1, by default.
in addition, Cromwell flank speed ability shouldn't last too long.. as it should have shorter active time.

Not to mention of course.. most heavy tanks would have hold fire ability.

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Tiger1996 wrote:And most importantly, Tiger ACE and Pershing ACE would receive ALRS and Rapid Shots abilities at vet1, by default.
in addition, Cromwell flank speed ability shouldn't last too long.. as it should have shorter active time.

I'm down. Would make me feel like Tiger's would be actually worth it and could better hold their own in the late game and instead of making Panther's a no brainer like they are now.

Tiger1996 wrote:Not to mention of course.. most heavy tanks would have hold fire ability.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Walderschmidt

Post by Walderschmidt »

Tiger's are still useless.

They cost more than the Panther in manpower and fuel, have less penetration, less range, are slower, armor is not much better in the front (maybe even worse?).

At this point, I wish you guys would just get rid of the Tiger because I never buy it anymore anyway. It's just a waste of CP and resources.

Wald

AND SO IS DICKY

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

That it cost more than panther is correct. The Panther should remain generally more cost effective but coming later. Range is the same and frontal armor is worse than tiger, but rear armor is much better, esspecially against 57 and 75 mm guns. Thats important when getting flanked.

My suggestion: Drop CP cost, restructure Axis tank unlocks.

Unlock Tree for german tanks:

Panther (3 CP)<- Tank IV H/J (1 CP)-> Tiger (3 CP)-> Tiger ace/KT (3/4 CP).

Add perhaps unlocks in the doctrine trees... such as "Tiger vet training" or whatever. Terror TIger could also get S-mine launcher like the ace has it.
For example in BK doc the suppression squad could be unlocked with the Stormtrooper Halftrack (basically no need for an extra unlock just to get a single 4 men squad). At this slot, right below my suggested tiger unlock, could be the unlock that improves the tiger in some ways (eg. the vet training for tigers).

Perhaps one doctrine could get "transformed" into a tiger doctrine and being the only doctrine that would have access to all tigers...including the KT and Tiger ace and unlocks that boosts the combat efficiency like crew training stuff.
Build more AA Walderschmidt