Tellermines (AT mines)

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Warhawks97

Tellermines (AT mines)

Post by Warhawks97 »

In recent games i tried to use them more often but i faced a problem which makes them hard to use. Its that they need always an engineer squad to plant them. With PE (when i still played them in old versions) i used my main inf, the grens and schwimmwagens for that. I thought, to make it easier to use them and more effectively on larger maps, the Greyhound and M20 could be able to plant Tellermines as well. That would make this unlock in tectree worth and they could be effectively used to protect the flanks. sending engieers over these distances which get killed very fast by just everything is very ineffective. Also to rebuild them all time in late game.

So it would be nice to have them for m20 and greyhound as well
Build more AA Walderschmidt

V13dweller

Re: Tellermines (AT mines)

Post by V13dweller »

Then Tellermines (Powerful AT mines) should be useable from Axis vehicles too.

Also, dragable Minefields should be usable from vehicles.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

There we have the schwimmwagen but well. Maybe scout vehicles and sdkfz 222 with 20 mm kwk as well. Thing is that grens are always on the field on TH doc for repairs etc and near frontline so i had always been able to put the mines right where the squad was or i simply send my schwimmwagens. I never used many of these vehicles in late game when i had Panther G available. In armor doc i use the M20 to detect hidden units and to capture points. Engineers are usually not available so fast as they stand away from fontlines usually.

Ok then. Tellermines in TH doc for sdkfz 222 and for Armor doc M20 and greyhound.

I just remembered that CW has also the mines. Is there any vehicle which could be able to lay mines? idk what kind of light armored vehicles CW has.

SteamID_razelazz

Post by SteamID_razelazz »

I wish that the US Combat Engineers could get the camouflage ability, like that of the WER Demolition Stormtroopers. That way, they could stealthily mines. This ability would also be handy on CW Sappers with the Demolition/Disposal upgrade.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

SteamID_razelazz wrote:I wish that the US Combat Engineers could get the camouflage ability, like that of the WER Demolition Stormtroopers. That way, they could stealthily mines. This ability would also be handy on CW Sappers with the Demolition/Disposal upgrade.

they are not supposed to be sneaky. They should actually support armored units by being more combat resistance as other engineers and removing and blwoing up obstacles. Thats why i would see the combat engieers rather in armor doc as in inf doc. This way armor doc would have usefull inf to support the tanks and the engineers should have explosive stuff, wire cut ability and also mines.

SteamID_razelazz

Warhawks97 wrote:they are not supposed to be sneaky. They should actually support armored units by being more combat resistance as other engineers and removing and blwoing up obstacles. Thats why i would see the combat engieers rather in armor doc as in inf doc. This way armor doc would have usefull inf to support the tanks and the engineers should have explosive stuff, wire cut ability and also mines.

You do realize there are different kinds of engineers?

Sapper, EOD, Mechanic, etc.

http://www.goarmy.com/soldier-life/bein ... ourse.html
"The combat engineering role includes practices and techniques of camouflage, reconnaissance, communication methods and enhancement of survival by other troops."

When you're laying or defusing land mines, it's common sense to do it stealthily.

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

They still need to be draggable, as all vehicle mine drops are one by one, with takes up heaps of time, and then the 11 second cool down, you'd be found out before you even get any down.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

SteamID_razelazz wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:they are not supposed to be sneaky. They should actually support armored units by being more combat resistance as other engineers and removing and blwoing up obstacles. Thats why i would see the combat engieers rather in armor doc as in inf doc. This way armor doc would have usefull inf to support the tanks and the engineers should have explosive stuff, wire cut ability and also mines.

You do realize there are different kinds of engineers?

Sapper, EOD, Mechanic, etc.

http://www.goarmy.com/soldier-life/bein ... ourse.html
"The combat engineering role includes practices and techniques of camouflage, reconnaissance, communication methods and enhancement of survival by other troops."

When you're laying or defusing land mines, it's common sense to do it stealthily.

I have no perfect knowledge about that matter and thx for the link. But i know that there are diffferences and that the combat engineers are supposed to support units near frontline. Thing is that either brits sappers nor combat engineers do that what is described in link perfectly. Sappers cant even cut wire but demolition and defense stuff is possible. The combat engineers of US inf doc have neither explosive stuff nor can they cut wire what is strange. Also they can build stuff like MG nests but not the pak emplacments and mortar emplacaments which is weird and which reduces their effectivness as the normal engineers are still needed to plant charges, detetcing mines and to cut wire. Infiltration missions did may belong o their jobs in reality but idk if we need it for those units in BK and doing anything like throwing nades or planting charges stealthy isnt possible anyway in BK. For the gameplay i just thought that the combat engineers would be more effective and usefull in armor doch which then would have units that can protect them on close distant against panzerfaust units and which could repair tanks right at front with a better survivability and clearing the path for the tanks.

dragable minefields for vehicles should be possible as well. If not possible to code then remove or reduce cooldown.

SteamID_razelazz

Warhawks97 wrote:For the gameplay i just thought that the combat engineers would be more effective and usefull in armor doch which then would have units that can protect them on close distant against panzerfaust units and which could repair tanks right at front with a better survivability and clearing the path for the tanks.

At first I thought that such a combat-effective engineer unit would be very OP, but then I look at the PE PzGr/Assault PzGr and CW Royal Engineer Sappers. It would be nice for US Armor DOC to get something similar instead of the Mechanic Engineers, which are very weak.

But then again, there is the Field Repair ability, and the fact that WER has neither combat engineers at all nor a Field Repair ability.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

SteamID_razelazz wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:For the gameplay i just thought that the combat engineers would be more effective and usefull in armor doch which then would have units that can protect them on close distant against panzerfaust units and which could repair tanks right at front with a better survivability and clearing the path for the tanks.

At first I thought that such a combat-effective engineer unit would be very OP, but then I look at the PE PzGr/Assault PzGr and CW Royal Engineer Sappers. It would be nice for US Armor DOC to get something similar instead of the Mechanic Engineers, which are very weak.

But then again, there is the Field Repair ability, and the fact that WER has neither combat engineers at all nor a Field Repair ability.

the 99 mp mechanics would stay so far to repair tanks that are staying back behind the front. In battle they would support the tanks against enemie flanking inf, to blow up defensive stuff etc and for some small repairs if neccessary.

Gloabal field rapair ability.... often waste of res. The unit is not repaired during combat or when shooting at something. Means when the units is out of fight and there its cheaper to drive back to base or to repair with mechanics simply.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

To bring that subject back i do make a new post instead edit my previous. Just wanna know whats devs opinion here. RE, TH and US armor use the tellermines very seldomly or mimes at all (and the one US can unlock).

So can armor doc get tellermines for greyhound (Greyhound would then be able to drop these "normal mines" and tellermines. Maybe M20 scout vehicle as well next to marking target ability.

For RE..... idk what vehicles RE has but maybe Re tellermines could be added to one.

And for PE maybe the vehicles with 20 mm kwk or simply the scout vehicle could be able to lay them down.

I see these tellermines never being used and mostly its because the player would have to build new pios/sapper/engineer squad and send them over the maps which sometimes takes ages (esspecially 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 games).

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

People prefer to spend those munitions throwing explosive across the map, as that's cheaper and less risky.