paks rebalance

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Gaten Matarazzo

paks rebalance

Post by Gaten Matarazzo »

This is just a suggestion came up on my mind I would like to share with you.

I find silly that every pak in the game can go in camouflaged position on any terrain.
What i suggest is that the camouflage option for paks will be available only when they are in yellow-green cover ( just like handheld at squads) or inside brushes etc.
In contrast i believe that paks dont have to reveal their position so often. I think that currently they reveal their position at their second shot and after that they become some kind of useless and vulnerable because afterwards the enemy knows where it is. What i suggest for this is to reveal themselves at like 3-4 shots or it would depend on the cover they have. For example if they have a decent cover they will need more shots to be revealed and so on.

It s just a point to start for a discussion and need more details and opinions on that so we can get something good out of it.

Warhawks97

Re: paks rebalance

Post by Warhawks97 »

That ideas had been arround already but the problem is the crew. Like when you have the thrid men staying outside of that cover (the big AT guns have 3 men running just arround) you cant hide it at all iirc.

Perhaps devs can answer your question better but thats the problem as far as i know.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Gaten Matarazzo

Post by Gaten Matarazzo »

I think they can fix this issue as they already consider fixing the mg crew positions, when the holder of the mg is in green cover then the rest of the crew will be in green cover too.

The New BK Champion

Post by The New BK Champion »

I'd like to have paks that remain hidden for longer, that would be a nice realistic change. That would make simple tank rushing with no spotters or inf support much harder. It also could compensate the fact that for now some at guns only live until their second shot, for example us 76mm gun has no chance to survive anything coming at it once it's already revealed, the crew die like flies.

On the other hand cover needed for it would make the placement very predictible, because everyone will start putting them in the exactly same bush. At least until craters appear. But what about early game? Regarding this matter that would be a big nerf for them. Longer camo wont help if enemy knows it's position already, or at least strongly suspects it.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Gaten Matarazzo wrote:I think they can fix this issue as they already consider fixing the mg crew positions, when the holder of the mg is in green cover then the rest of the crew will be in green cover too.
The MG teams is a bit different matter. Technically speaking and MG team is a squad of 3 men and to one of them is synced a weapon which "spawns" when you deploy the team. AT gun is a squad consisting of several men and the AT gun - the AT gun has "attached" to it 2 men all the time and the remaining soldiers are runing around. To the MG teams normal infantry formations apply, the AT teams are not (for the game engine) purely infantry squads and so normal infantry formations are sort of buggy for them.

But I wonder about the same thing as The New BK Champion - if the camo ability strictly requires green/yellow cover then the placement of those guns will be a lot more predictable.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

At guns are imo enough small and low profil to hide about everywhere except perhaps red area. We can fairly imagine such AT gun also use foliage and / or camo nets. On my side I made only one exception for the Pak 43 who is really very big. However I m in a logic process, not in a pvp one.