Proposal for a new game type

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
winterflaw

Proposal for a new game type

Post by winterflaw »

I would like to propose a new game type.

(I have no idea if this is technically possible.)

The game begins with everyone having a full army at their base - so say the usual 150 pop cap.

There are then *no* new units and *no* reinforcement.

So you have to play to conserve your troops.

kwok
Team Member

Re: Proposal for a new game type

Post by kwok »

Yeah, i was working on that. I'll post it and you can test it. Only thing is it causes desyncs on some other game modes if others dont have the download. Didn't take the time to fix it or make any other balance adjustments.

I can't upload SGAs here so i'll try to host it on a different place.

here's the link, https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
you'll want to download the KwokWC.sga
You'll have to put the file into this folder (or wherever your BK directory is): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch\Blitzkrieg\Archives
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

winterflaw

Post by winterflaw »

Thankyou!

What a co-incidence.

I downloaded the KwokWC.sga fle and put it in the Blitzkrieg/Archives folder and ran COH; nothing had changed, and I could see no new game types.

A quick Google indicates this is a scenario file.

Unfortunately, my COH/Blitz install is a bit broken with the most recent installer; the start screen (multiplayer, skirmish, etc) has been fubared and is missing some entries and the entry below skirmsh is something like "KEY $781782".

So it may be I just can't see what would otherwise be there.

I'm hoping the next release will fix things.

Note I have an unusual install. I am not using Steam. I have installed from the actual installers on an XP VM (you can't actually install on Linux - the installers do not all work), moved the install to Linux, fixed up the registry, and then installed Blitz mod on top.

Was working fine and correctly until the latest BK mod (5.0.0 I think, but I'm not sure).

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

winterflaw wrote:I would like to propose a new game type.

(I have no idea if this is technically possible.)

The game begins with everyone having a full army at their base - so say the usual 150 pop cap.

There are then *no* new units and *no* reinforcement.

So you have to play to conserve your troops.

It means no paratroopers, no paratrooper reinforcement, no vehicles or building able to spawn or reinforce troops or vehicles, no off map call in, and like bk is pure pvp a complete rebalance, possibly including elimition of at least 3 doctrines.
Possible, but estimation is several month or hard and intense work.

Otherwise it look like a sudden strike like game.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Oh right. Sorry I forgot to upload a module file also needed. I’ll post it when I get home
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.