Suggestions about German Wermacht

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
BIGBOSSvs

Suggestions about German Wermacht

Post by BIGBOSSvs »

Hello everyone!

Want to tell about suggestions about modifying Wehrmacht units

1) recently (today, after playing so long) found Stug 4 Late Model (with Hetzer's MG 42 type - without shooter);
so, maybe it should replace standard Stug 4 for blitzkrieg doc., instead of trying to catch it calling "some kind of Stug 4 reinforcement" (Blitzkrieg only, 850 Manpower cost, hope you understand :D ), which can give Pz 4 or Stug 3 instead.
2) as i think, Tiger is more powerful then Panther, so may be Panthers should be 'opened' in Heavy Tank Factory (as soon as build, without upgrade) instead of Tigers, cause 2 tigers can do much more then Panthers (in Blitzkrieg without doubts, in Terror - well..I don't play Terror)
3)US mortar track have .50 MG 'in front', for Wehrmacht - may be should put mortar to the end of track and put MG 42 in front, like in standard halftrack, without useless MG 'in the end'
4) give Tank Traps for Wehrmacht Pioneer Squad for ALL Doctrines (not for Defence only), like in US army
5) make Pz 4 a bit cheaper (especially for Blitzkrieg, cause Pz 4 J !! not H, costs 410/45, US Sherman with 76 gun - 335/45, all with mass production )
6) may be should change Pz 4 D to Pz 4 E, cause they are the same, but E is more beautiful model :D (if they not same, please notify me)
7)heavy infantry (Stormtrooper Squad) which is given with "some kind of Stug 4 reinforcement" and Tiger Ace have 3 MP 44 and can be upgraded by Panzerschreck only;
let it be full possible upgrade - MG, another MP 44, not Panzerschreck only. Like then i call standard Stormtrooper Squad.

for "Infantry Only" mode
1) maybe with bunkers and MG Emplacements will be better to play (or harder, but more interesting)
2)for PE Luftwaffe doctrine - let to drop mortars ("heavy weapon supply" or something like that, costs 100 ammo); without snipers and mortars is "not so good" against US

and couple questions:
1) what is the difference between Panther and Panther G (terror and blitz ?)
2)then i call "some kind of Stug 4 reinforcement" and it gives me Pz 4 J, that Pz cant take the territory - is that a bag ? or may be not..; (the same is with called Stug 3)

Thanks for full reading ;) Waiting answers for suggestions and questions.

PS It should be page with all characteristics for all units all armies, it will be really useful. Please tell me if it already is.

Warhawks97

Re: Suggestions about German Wermacht

Post by Warhawks97 »

BIGBOSSvs wrote:Hello everyone!

1) recently (today, after playing so long) found Stug 4 Late Model (with Hetzer's MG 42 type - without shooter);
so, maybe it should replace standard Stug 4 for blitzkrieg doc., instead of trying to catch it calling "some kind of Stug 4 reinforcement" (Blitzkrieg only, 850 Manpower cost, hope you understand :D ), which can give Pz 4 or Stug 3 instead.
2) as i think, Tiger is more powerful then Panther, so may be Panthers should be 'opened' in Heavy Tank Factory (as soon as build, without upgrade) instead of Tigers, cause 2 tigers can do much more then Panthers (in Blitzkrieg without doubts, in Terror - well..I don't play Terror)
3)US mortar track have .50 MG 'in front', for Wehrmacht - may be should put mortar to the end of track and put MG 42 in front, like in standard halftrack, without useless MG 'in the end'
4) give Tank Traps for Wehrmacht Pioneer Squad for ALL Doctrines (not for Defence only), like in US army
5) make Pz 4 a bit cheaper (especially for Blitzkrieg, cause Pz 4 J !! not H, costs 410/45, US Sherman with 76 gun - 335/45, all with mass production )
6) may be should change Pz 4 D to Pz 4 E, cause they are the same, but E is more beautiful model :D (if they not same, please notify me)
7)heavy infantry (Stormtrooper Squad) which is given with "some kind of Stug 4 reinforcement" and Tiger Ace have 3 MP 44 and can be upgraded by Panzerschreck only;
let it be full possible upgrade - MG, another MP 44, not Panzerschreck only. Like then i call standard Stormtrooper Squad.

for "Infantry Only" mode
1) maybe with bunkers and MG Emplacements will be better to play (or harder, but more interesting)
2)for PE Luftwaffe doctrine - let to drop mortars ("heavy weapon supply" or something like that, costs 100 ammo); without snipers and mortars is "not so good" against US

and couple questions:
2)then i call "some kind of Stug 4 reinforcement" and it gives me Pz 4 J, that Pz cant take the territory - is that a bag ? or may be not..; (the same is with called Stug 3)

PS It should be page with all characteristics for all units all armies, it will be really useful. Please tell me if it already is.

1. Once it was stug IV with grens and lmg42 call in for 750 mp. But i considered it a bit OP and won every game as i had good inf and tank with ambush ability for 750 mp very fast.
2. Once it was that way but got changed coz Panther is better for its cost. Tiger rules with vet 2. Once Tiger cost 1000/180 and had less HP and ability unlokc at vet 3. Now Tiger got massively buffed and very cheap and abilties earlier unlocked. Keep it that way just Tiger could cost abit more. Tiger takes up to 3 SP and 3-4 17 Pounder hits.
3.Is it really important?
4.Maybe, but dont see the need.
5.Fuck what? i gonna upload some replays. The Tank IV comes earlier as the 76 and are much more effective with better armor etc. Also Tank Iv cost 2 in fuel upkeep while 76 cost 4! Once the H cost 550/100 and 450/75 and it was very good for the cost and i did rushes already. I greatly outnumber my opponent alreaedy in game min 9- end. How easy do you want to have the rushes with Tank IV?
6.i dont mind

Edit: I was on the move when i wrote that and i will explain it more detailed.

You cant compare Tank IV H/J with sherman 76. Actually yes but not in game. The guns of the 76 mm L/55 sherman/hellcat gun was slightly better than the 75 mm L/48 in penetration. The Tank IV had 80 mm armor and sherman 62mm+ and slopped and thus effectively up to 90 mm. All in all means that booth tanks could knock out each other very well even on long distances. If this would be similiar in BK then similiar cost would be justified. But currently the distant stats of 76 mm US guns are messed up. In short the 76mm US guns have 43% pen chance vs Tank IV H/J at max range while Tank IV H/J has 95% chance at distant.

http://blitzkrieg-mod.de/board/topic/50 ... or-allies/
Axis 75mm L/48 distant multiplier: / 0.92 / 0.82 / 0.73

US 76 mm gun distant multiplier / 0.84 / 0.67 / 0.54

TT´s are: Tank IV vs sherman at point blank: 130%. 76 sherman vs Tank IV H/J at point blank: 90%

Also take into account that the Tank IV is much more resistant to allied 57 mm paks and bazookas as sherman is against 50 mm and schrecks.
Furthermore the Top turret MG42 deals up to 3-4 times more damage to inf per second as the US top turret 12,7mm HMg does.

So as long as this performence differences exist it would cause huge disbalance when Tank IV would cost as much as 76 sherman.

And finally the required res to get a Tank IV availabe for WE: 875MP/130 fuel.
required res for buildings to have 76 shermann available: 1075 MP/170 fuel.

About Tiger: Thing was that the Tiger got never build when Panther got earlier unlocked with similiar performence and cheaper cost. So the intention was to unlock tiger earlier but more expensive and Panther coming later but cheaper and better cost-performence ratio. What happend?:

Tiger got buffed and cost dropped to almost that a Panther cost. The abilites like oneshot are available at vet two and not three like once. Also nice HP buff. So right now the Tiger has even better cost performence ratio as Panther has currently and so the Panther has the prob the Tiger once had: coming later by being not more cost effective.

I think the Tiger should stay as first unlock as the Panther was by far more used later in the war. In order to achieve the old intention i would say that Tiger could go back up to its old cost (1000/180) as it is a really fearsome Tank right now. Tiger stronger and earlier available but in late game replaced by Panther which is slightly weaker but cheaper and more cost effective in late game. But dont swap tiger with Panther. Alone for historical reasons.

I also suggested very often to have Terror as kind of Tiger doc and BK Tank IV/Panther without any Tigers. But all wanted Panthers and Tigers in all docs.
Last edited by Warhawks97 on 27 Jan 2015, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

BIGBOSSvs

Post by BIGBOSSvs »

1) I'm just talking about changing model in Tank Factory - instead Stug 4 it will be Stug 4 Late model but only for Blitz ( no changes in ability)
2) for me - 1 Tiger is better then 3 Panthers
3)yes, important. A bit, but better against enemy infantry come too close
4) why not? i like to build :D
5) I said that i said, i dont know how much each one unkeep in fuel, so i'll glad to see their oficial characteristics

BIGBOSSvs

Post by BIGBOSSvs »

Warhawks97 wrote:

About Tiger: Thing was that the Tiger got never build when Panther got earlier unlocked with similiar performence and cheaper cost. So the intention was to unlock tiger earlier but more expensive and Panther coming later but cheaper and better cost-performence ratio. What happend?:

Tiger got buffed and cost dropped to almost that a Panther cost. The abilites like oneshot are available at vet two and not three like once. Also nice HP buff. So right now the Tiger has even better cost performence ratio as Panther has currently and so the Panther has the prob the Tiger once had: coming later by being not more cost effective.

I think the Tiger should stay as first unlock as the Panther was by far more used later in the war. In order to achieve the old intention i would say that Tiger could go back up to its old cost (1000/180) as it is a really fearsome Tank right now. Tiger stronger and earlier available but in late game replaced by Panther which is slightly weaker but cheaper and more cost effective in late game. But dont swap tiger with Panther. Alone for historical reasons.

I also suggested very often to have Terror as kind of Tiger doc and BK Tank IV/Panther without any Tigers. But all wanted Panthers and Tigers in all docs.

About Pz 4 - from (-20) to (-30) mp will be enought,(optionaly)

About Tiger/Panter - In Bitz - Late Tiger, early Panter, as in history, you said - Panther no so good than Tiger, and thats why i vote for Panther before Tiger

in Terror - Late Panther, early Tiger first (it can be worse than late Tiger), and King Tiger -- if Panter G is really better simple Panther ( thats the diffrents between panthers?), if not - like in Blitz: Panther, Tiger, King Kong :D

but terror have artillery ( nebels, V1 rocket, etc), Blitz - panzerwerfer only (2 halftracks limit), so - here tanks should be better

and i insist on "Stug late model"

PS Panther is Medium, Tiger - Heavy Tank, let medium be first, like in original game

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

BIGBOSSvs wrote:
Warhawks97 wrote:

About Pz 4 - from (-20) to (-30) mp will be enought,(optionaly)

About Tiger/Panter - In Bitz - Late Tiger, early Panter, as in history, you said - Panther no so good than Tiger, and thats why i vote for Panther before Tiger

in Terror - Late Panther, early Tiger first (it can be worse than late Tiger), and King Tiger -- if Panter G is really better simple Panther ( thats the diffrents between panthers?), if not - like in Blitz: Panther, Tiger, King Kong :D

but terror have artillery ( nebels, V1 rocket, etc), Blitz - panzerwerfer only (2 halftracks limit), so - here tanks should be better

and i insist on "Stug late model"

PS Panther is Medium, Tiger - Heavy Tank, let medium be first, like in original game

Its hard to follow but i say no for even cheaper Tank IV´s. BK doc smashes already most enemies pretty well with masses of them.

Panther and Tiger are quite different. Yeah Panther was classified as medium but frontal armor was better (slopped). Side and rear was better on Tiger. Thing is that Panthers were lighter, faster, more reliable and better pen stats for the gun and much easier to build and maintain. Panther is considered as best tank in WW II which means not that it was better than Tiger in battle. Its just the sum of many factors. When Panthers reached their production peak the Tiger I went out of production. I say keep it the way it is that Tiger comes first and Panther as cost effective late game tank. Tiger pretty early and dominating at that time but also very expensive. Panthers late as a compromise of frontal armor, gun and cost, flexibility.

I dont know what the ingame difference between Panther A and G is beside the gunsight upgrade. In reality G was easier to build, 5 mm more side armor and better turret front.

BK has "only 2 panzerwerfer" and need more tanks? This doc has already awesome inf, best medium Tanks, stuhs, nice call ins, Maybe Best and cheapest AA Tanks..... Even without TIgers this doc would be an awesome mix of units with great flexibility.

BIGBOSSvs

Post by BIGBOSSvs »

Anyway, I insist on:
1) Change Stug model in Blitz doctrine
2) put Panther tank Before Tiger // because 2.1)its the game, 2.2) let it be like in original CoH - Pz4,Panther,Tiger
3) let "called infantry with tanks" to be upgraded like simple called infantry
PS 4) -30 MP for Pz 4 // cause US can open light vehicles earlier then Wermacht

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

BIGBOSSvs wrote:Anyway, I insist on:
1) Change Stug model in Blitz doctrine
2) put Panther tank Before Tiger // because 2.1)its the game, 2.2) let it be like in original CoH - Pz4,Panther,Tiger
3) let "called infantry with tanks" to be upgraded like simple called infantry
PS 4) -30 MP for Pz 4 // cause US can open light vehicles earlier then Wermacht

2.) In vcoh most units did not require a unit unlock.... And Panther is simply a bsic tank there...... Ever Played voch? And for game reasons just no. The purpose is good (Tiger earlier but more expensive, Panther later as standard tank)

4.) What?! My Puma comes as early and often earlier before enemie gets vehicles (Only CW recce appears a bit earlier sometimes) and the Puma with 20 mm is dominating everything, inf and enemie vehicles and is also best armored and fastest in its class but also cheapest. I guess you play HR only. There US gets vehicle earlier as they can instantly build all buildings. But in Teamsfights with mixed CW/US and PE/WE the axis are usually dominating the vehicle part. Comming earlier and are a way more effective for same or cheaper cost.

BIGBOSSvs

Post by BIGBOSSvs »

WTH? is anyone here exept this Warhawks97? (and Puma is vechicle with 50 mm gun,)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

BIGBOSSvs wrote:WTH? is anyone here exept this Warhawks97? (and Puma is vechicle with 50 mm gun,)

sdkfz 234/1 has 20 mm kwk. 234/2 has 50 mm (and was the first that got build of this series and was mainly called "Puma"). Then 234/3 with stubby 75 mm and 234/4 with 75 mm pak 40. In game the one and historcially first build version 234/2 with 50 mm is called Puma. But often the others got called Puma as well very often. In game everybody know expect the one with 20 mm when someone says "There is a puma" or "i get a puma". Its simply an awesome vehicle that shreds greyhounds and HT´s, inf and which has nice speed, fast turret turn, suppression and overall nice anti inf performence with fuel cost lower than those of most HT´s. Also surviving one zook and also up to 3 hits from greyhound and even 2-3 from a ambushed 37 mm pak. Its simply by top favorit vehicle.

The one with 50 mm would be great if the HE rounds wouldnt be so bugged such like those of Stuart. The 50 mm oneshots vehicles and also capable to kill shermans very well and due to its speed a nice vehicle/Tankhunter. An old mate used it very often to kill the recces and mortar HT´s etc.

Jagdpanther

Post by Jagdpanther »

BIGBOSSvs wrote:WTH? is anyone here exept this Warhawks97?

the mod is pretty much dead since the developer (Xalibur) left.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

Jagdpanther wrote:
BIGBOSSvs wrote:WTH? is anyone here exept this Warhawks97?

the mod is pretty much dead since the developer (Xalibur) left.

Again? You have nothing better to do?

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

I really want to see more input from people besides Warhawks, his answer are always the same, I am getting bored of him always going on an on.

Warhawks answers are always the same, again and again and again, never satisfied, this unit on Axis is OP, Panzer IV is OP, Tigers OP, StuH 42 OP, Stupa OP need I go on?

I try not to post here knowing he will just come back with a 500 word answer to what ever I say ending with Axis are OP, forcing his agenda.

Just run a search on the old forum, I bet he has more threads than anyone else on the Axis Haters bandwagon.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Hello everyone!

for "Infantry Only" mode

and couple questions:

1) Why exactely? Reason "Because I like it that way" is seldomly a good reason to change anything.

2) And what would replace the the Panther unlock in the command tree? And again - why? That's like saying "Sherman 76 is less powerfull than Pershing so it should be available without unlock.."

3) I don't think that this is possible unless somebody creates a new model where mortar will be stationed further back and MG in the front. Such a model doesn't exist (as far as I know), so no to this one.

4) This is not exactely needed - US have weaker AT guns so you can protect you lines by setting the tank traps and making the advance more dificult. Axis don't have such a problem so no need for it.

5) No, for the reason Wathawks gave you.

6) Changing model just because one player finds it more estheticaly pleasing? :D Won't work.

7) Again I don't think this is needed - yes, it would be more convinient but hey, you already get the squad for cheap price...

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

I also need to say, the Normal Stug IV is much better than the Late Version, as the MG on the Stug IV is better than any MG on any vehicle in the game, and the Stug IV's and be used quite effectively against infantry for this reason, the Remote MG42 has the same effectiveness as a normal Hull MG, which is rubbish, absolute rubbish.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

V13dweller wrote:I really want to see more input from people besides Warhawks, his answer are always the same, I am getting bored of him always going on an on.

Warhawks answers are always the same, again and again and again, never satisfied, this unit on Axis is OP, Panzer IV is OP, Tigers OP, StuH 42 OP, Stupa OP need I go on?

I try not to post here knowing he will just come back with a 500 word answer to what ever I say ending with Axis are OP, forcing his agenda.

Just run a search on the old forum, I bet he has more threads than anyone else on the Axis Haters bandwagon.

every second game i do play as axis (and even allis) ends up in a stupid Tank IV/Gren (nebler) rush. The Tank IV´s smashing so far everything (even jumbos are possible victims). So unless tank IV´s can be encountered so easy as 76 shermans (would mean simply by rangers and 57 mm paks) or unless the 76 shermans can do such brutal rush games with assaults striking deep into enemie territory (even when 2 paks and 2-3 zooks shooting them) by killing all the inf and tanks in its way there is absolutely no need to reduce Tank IV cost to sherman cost. Currently it can be considered as "OK" and US struggles in fielding enough armor at this time of the game due to fuel upkeep.

And about the Tiger i just said that once the purpose was to have a powerfull heavy expensive Tank earlier in the game and later in game a Tank with a good compromise of cost, efficency flexibility and firepower: The Panther. But since Tigers got buffed and cheaper there is no more real need for Panthers (at least in BK doc) and in fact the Tiger combines cost and efficency better now. In older versions it was exacly the opposite. There Tigers came later by being more expensive and less effective. I just said that this need or could be tuned a bit or better balanced out between Tiger and Panther.

Wake

Post by Wake »

Warhawks does make a good point about the 20mm Puma SdKfz 234. It costs 325 MP and 25 fuel yet easily beats the M8 Greyhound Armored Car which costs more at 360 MP and 30 fuel. It also easily beats the Quad halftrack, which costs 300/30. It can also destroy Tetrarchs. Don't forget that this vehicle also rapes every allied infantry unit, takes 3 hits from a 37mm AT gun, and can sometimes survive a bazooka hit.

The only safe early allied vehicle that comes out at the same time the 20mm Puma does is the British Stuart Recce, but it can't damage the Puma, but then again, the Puma can't damage the Recce (unless shooting the rear).

The Greyhound vs 20mm Puma is an example of axis getting a better unit for a cheaper cost.

alexandertheaverage

Post by alexandertheaverage »

well said Wake. i think i understand many of the issues that you and Warkhawks and others bring up; as i see it, the problem is not that one unit or another is OP, but that there is a general imbalance between the Allied and Axis teams. I've often heard it promised that the Allies will have quantity on their side, and the Axis will have quality.

Unfortunately, i've found that I almost always end up with both quantity and quality on my side, especially when i play with blitzkrieg doctrine.

In the future, I'm really hoping for a better 'Infantry vs vehicle' and 'vehicle vs vehicle' balance,* as i think it will make the Allies more fun to play, and the game more enjoyable for everyone.

if anyone really wants to hear some of my suggestions, I'll gladly spout my ideas if prompted, but i think i've posted a few of them already quite recently and i don't want to fill up the whole forum with my mad rambling! :lol:

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

alexandertheaverage wrote:well said Wake. i think i understand many of the issues that you and Warkhawks and others bring up; as i see it, the problem is not that one unit or another is OP, but that there is a general imbalance between the Allied and Axis teams. I've often heard it promised that the Allies will have quantity on their side, and the Axis will have quality.

Unfortunately, i've found that I almost always end up with both quantity and quality on my side, especially when i play with blitzkrieg doctrine.

In the future, I'm really hoping for a better 'Infantry vs vehicle' and 'vehicle vs vehicle' balance,* as i think it will make the Allies more fun to play, and the game more enjoyable for everyone.

if anyone really wants to hear some of my suggestions, I'll gladly spout my ideas if prompted, but i think i've posted a few of them already quite recently and i don't want to fill up the whole forum with my mad rambling! :lol:

Yeah, feel same esspecially when playing with BK doc which is my most played axis doc by far if not the most played doc for me. In armor axis have usually booth on their side in teamfights. Simply the fact that two axis docs have mass production upgrades for tanks while allis have one shows already how broken it is. It hasnt always been that way if you know older versions.
and vehicles i agree. When i see how expensive allied vehicles are (greyhound, stuart) by being often pointless and inferior to many axis vehicles (esspecially the 20 mm allrounder) i would really like to some some cost drops there. The stuart is actually a tank weaker armored as a sherman and with much weaker gun with speed equal to shermans but for almost same cost and in armor doc even higher cost. The speed of stuart does not allow to hunt enemie vehicles but the gun just strong enough to balance vehicles.

Write down all your ideas:) In the old forum i did wrote very large posts with all my ideas and the reasons and the expected impact to the game. feel free:)

alexandertheaverage

Post by alexandertheaverage »

Warhawks97 wrote:Write down all your ideas:) In the old forum i did wrote very large posts with all my ideas and the reasons and the expected impact to the game. feel free:)

sent you a PM.

Butterkeks

Post by Butterkeks »

BIGBOSSvs wrote:WTH? is anyone here exept this Warhawks97? (and Puma is vechicle with 50 mm gun,)

Ok you want another opinion?^^

Here is mine:

1) As already mentioned, the StuG IV is a tankhunter that can take several hits, often isn't penetrated, camouflage and when call-in already HE and AP ammo. This + a random infantry unit for 850 MP?
Sorry, but no. Panzer J with it's low turret rotation and the gernal weaker StuG III are ok, Panzer H is maybe a bit more stronger, but at least it can't camouflage.

2) The Panther is actually superior to the Tiger. In reality as well as in the game. That's the reason why Panther comes after Tiger.

3) Well why?^^ Lacking model and actually no need for it. The MG of the Mortar HT of Allies is crap so you don't have to care about that.

4) Markr allready mentioned it, Wehr macht has better AT so they have actually no need for it.

5) Simply no. Panzer IV comes very early and Warhawks already posted the stats. Especially with mass production this tank is so cost effective that it can kill nearly anything. Also it has that nice MG 42 on the top.

6) Well nonsense^^ Only because you think it looks better? :P

7) That would make an very effective allrounder, Allies also have none of these.

So here is my opinion, now you got some more ;)