The Case for Bigger Maps and More Maps

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Walderschmidt

The Case for Bigger Maps and More Maps

Post by Walderschmidt »

The best games I have played have all been on bigger maps with a medium to low amount of players.

Villers Bocage
Blija
Bloody Gulch

I can hardly enjoy 4v4s because they get so crowded and laggy. Goodwood seems to be the only consistently played 4v4 map because it's the most stable. My favorite 4v4 map (where I actually enjoy 4v4s) Fields of Engagement is apparently buggy and crashes on people a lot. But a lot of the 4v4 maps would be fine if 3v3s or less took place on them. Or 2v2s. But whenever I try to play 3v3 on a 4v4 map, or a 2v2 on a 3v3 map, people always whine and say "This map is two big!". But when I put on Blija (a large 4v4 size map that has only 3v3 or less enabled) people don't complain about map size! At most, they're unfamiliar with the map or complain it's unfinished (hint hint Neroleone!).

Everybody plays the same stale maps that all play the same way. Arty party or rush for the middle. Or a combination of the two.

Lastly, bigger maps means more opportunities for Americans to flank German tanks because there's more room to maneuver, unlike small maps.

Please make more maps and more big maps!

Need more 4v4 sized maps that have 3v3 slots or less. Need more 3v3 maps that have 2v2 slots or less. Need more 2v2 maps that have only 1v1 slots.

Wald
Kwok is an allied fanboy!

AND SO IS DICKY

AND MARKR IS THE BIGGGEST ALLIED FANBOI OF THEM ALL

kwok
Team Member

Re: The Case for Bigger Maps and More Maps

Post by kwok »

AMEN. I don't even see the point in having BK 1v1 maps, as the mod isn't made for 1v1s. It only enables bad play.

I have a set of maps with player slots removed, that isn't that hard to do.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Mr. FeministDonut

Re: The Case for Bigger Maps and More Maps

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

kwok wrote:AMEN. I don't even see the point in having BK 1v1 maps, as the mod isn't made for 1v1s. It only enables bad play.

I have a set of maps with player slots removed, that isn't that hard to do.

If your bigger map having a little resources income with no high res cappoints, it would be okay. But usually, it's not, making it favouring German big armor.