Airborne pack howitzer & offmap mortar strike

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Tony_Frost

Airborne pack howitzer & offmap mortar strike

Post by Tony_Frost »

Hello!
I'v got an idea:
60mm offmap mortar strike ability is weakest offmap strike in game and almost useless.
Pack howitzers have poor range(smaller then even neblers have).
My suggestions is:
Remove 60mm offmap mortar strike ability from all AB units and instead give them VT for pack howitzers.

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Airborne pack howitzer & offmap mortar strike

Post by MarKr »

I really doubt this will be implemented...Wolf mostly stands against VT and giving one to a doctrine that isn't even artillery based is strange on its own. I would rather see the current offmap reworked so it is more usefull ;).

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Tony_Frost wrote:Hello!
I'v got an idea:
60mm offmap mortar strike ability is weakest offmap strike in game and almost useless.
Pack howitzers have poor range(smaller then even neblers have).
My suggestions is:
Remove 60mm offmap mortar strike ability from all AB units and instead give them VT for pack howitzers.

The range of pack howitzer is pretty poor. I did a comparison to axis 75 mm leig 18. The leig 18 can be build by all axis WE docs in second building and cost 350/25. It can ambush and works as well as anti inf gun but aso effective as paks versus vehicles. The Barrge so far the same as those of the 75 mm pack howitzer and cost just 5 ammo per barrage more with about same range, accuracy etc. Just pack howitzer for inf doc needs supply yard and fhq and cost 400/25 and no direct shooting or ambush.

What i would actually do is to give Pack howitzer to AB and inf doc as basic unit available with motorpool and in motorpool for 330/25. Calli jeep to Armor doc available with supply yard so that they have something to clean up some pak walls.

The AB pak airdrop unlock independent from supply drop and Pack howitzer remain with current drop cost.

The Off map mortar strike similiar to the one of Stormtrooper leader squad which is pretty devastating with accurate and quick strikes. The current AB off map mortar hits everything but the target. The shells drop sometimes not even close to the target location.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

V13dweller

Post by V13dweller »

The WH Officer's ability says it calls down an accurate strike of 81mm mortars but their explosions are the size of 60mm mortars, and should be addressed.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

V13dweller wrote:The WH Officer's ability says it calls down an accurate strike of 81mm mortars but their explosions are the size of 60mm mortars, and should be addressed.

Werhmacht officer is the most devastating and idk whioch calibre it is. It looks a bit like mini rockets. But they do strike very very fast many shells coming down. Every square meter is bombed in the target location. It usually destroys an entire house.

I talked about BK doc leader stormtooper squad off map for 85 ammo. It strikes like real mortar rounds and very accurate and fast and kills an inf squad 100% gurantee if this moves just one sec too late. When the first strikes and the unit is still standing on point its usually dead. The AB cost 60 ammo but strikes over a long time and horrible inaccurate. Often the enemie units do not move and losing still no men.

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

MarKr wrote:giving one to a doctrine that isn't even artillery based is strange on its own

No, I think it's not, because Terror and Luft docs (which hardly call artillery based) already have VT for Nebels and 88 Flaks.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

No, I think it's not, because Terror and Luft docs (which hardly call artillery based) already have VT for Nebels and 88 Flaks.

OK, you have a point there but still I think that it is not needed to add another VT (which is a totally crazy ability) to the game when there are options to simply improve the off map ability.

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

Buffing mortar strike sounds good, but I want VT fo Pack howitzers due to their poor range. They need to be closer to battle then any other arty, but they have no armor and it cost is pretty high too risk with them.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

The problem is that this reason most probably won't be considered enough to add a VT.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

with VT i agree with tony. Its stupid to say no to allied docs VT by saying "they are not arty based" while 4 of 6 axis have VT of which one, maybe two are supposed to field stronger arty power. If you think there are already too many VT´s then balance them at least.

About pack howitzer range and howitzer at all: Neblers havein my opinion quite large range with good accuracy for rocket arty that is rather made for close/mid range large area bombing than long range accurate shooting.

Considering that the pack howitzer comes so late (supply yard and fhq or CP unlock) the weapon isnt really effective for the cost. Make it come earlier and cost balanced when compared to leig 18.

I dont think that VT is really needed. Earlier availability (motorpool for inf and AB doc), adjusted range and build cost should be enough so far with fixed off map mortar strike. At least for AB doc. Oh and the Airstrikes need cost adjustment. Then the support would be sufficient and VT not neccessary.