Broken US early game

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Mr. FeministDonut

Broken US early game

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

The title again!
Currently right now every strategist encouraging us to play on big maps. And I agree to them. Playing big maps is fun. But other thing, when US just have no good tool in early game to counter PE scout cars on big maps. They have good mobility to just come everywhere where your AT is not, or simply outmanouver it, making your start is strickly restricted to dangerous double AT gun, while you will never know what PE player will build, t1 or t2.
I don't have a suggestion, but this broken early game for US is really really makes this faction undesirable to play, with already CW advantages over it, like a proper heavy tank counters and good multi-task infantry.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Broken US early game

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I think the best counter to that, is Recoil-less Jeeps from Armor doctrine.. but then u will have to choose ur doctrine right away.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Isn't that why we enabled the rifle grenade upgrade to all doctrines? With it, you have AT grenade ability which provides quite a punch vs lightly armored vehicles. Sure, it can miss and it is pay-per-shot, but AT guns can miss too, these grenades can be shot over greater distance than PE AT grenades (those are thrown not shot) also the squad becomes "multi-task" because it can clear soldiers from buildings (HE grenade shot) from greater distance than with regular hand grenades and can deploy smoke to provide cover from HMG suppression. I am not sure about damage, afaik these had similar effect as a shot from a bazooka so in case they deal too little damage in the game, they could gain some buff, I guess.
But the SC is an important part of PE early game and we cannot make the counters on Allied side reliable to such extend that the SC would be pretty much useless, so we need to be careful with these changes.

Mr. FeministDonut

Well, what if scout car will be exactly the same as US one, being cheaper, increased uncamo radious and will keep lock down ability, for exchange locking the T2 building, without builded T1?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

You want to make Scout car same as Jeep? Jeep can be destroyed by bullets, SC cannot, Jeep costs no fuel, SC does...also it is unique for PE that they can go for vehicles or infantry right from start, it should be taken away just because of SC? That sounds too harsh to me.

Mr. FeministDonut

MarKr wrote:You want to make Scout car same as Jeep? Jeep can be destroyed by bullets, SC cannot, Jeep costs no fuel, SC does...also it is unique for PE that they can go for vehicles or infantry right from start, it should be taken away just because of SC? That sounds too harsh to me.

No, just it make similiar to US .50 armor car

|7th|Nighthawk

Post by |7th|Nighthawk »

Did you try using the HEAT on the Garand? It hits jack shit, especially when the enemy vehicle is moving, and it removes any additional weapon slot. It's the most useless upgrade in the whole mod, even worse than the flamethrower, I'd argue. You are better off trying it with stickies but then you'll just get mowed down brutally. That said, I have no solution for it either that would not make it obsolete.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Solution: high resources
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

|7th|Nighthawk wrote:Did you try using the HEAT on the Garand? It hits jack shit, especially when the enemy vehicle is moving, and it removes any additional weapon slot. It's the most useless upgrade in the whole mod, even worse than the flamethrower, I'd argue. You are better off trying it with stickies but then you'll just get mowed down brutally. That said, I have no solution for it either that would not make it obsolete.

I figured the same. Before i used HEAT shots against Geschützwagens and mortar HT´s quite successfully with Inf doc. But that stuff here has never hit anything alike of scout car. Besides you dont have so much ammo early on. 35 to upgrade and pay per use. It goes easily up to 100 ammo just to attempt counter. And once it failed the cooldown wont let you make a second shot before being shred. If these new rifle grenades are really intended to give US some sort of early anti vehicle defense: Well that simply failed.
On urban maps or hedgrow maps i also unlock the sticky bomb instead going for rifle nades. I already scored kills with it in early game against unaware PE players that thought they could get too close to shred my infantry asap.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

It should make normal accuracy roll and if the game rolls a hit, it should hit even if the vehicle moves. The ability has range of 40 and at this range the grenade has 75% accuracy. Maybe there is some problem with targetting. I will have a look at it.