Welcome to the SimCity

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Volksgrenadiers

Welcome to the SimCity

Post by Volksgrenadiers »

I was thinking about this long time neither in coh2.

What about nerfing CW Emplacements,there was lot of games where CW player start building Emplacements and have at leat 10 of them. Could we changet amount of emplacements that CW player do on 2 at least? Even axis in Def doc dont spam like this with emplacements( i didnt saw). Somebody could say like there is lot of abilities that can kill this bunkers but it pretty hard when CW build like 10 of them.

Last game what i played was on 3v3 on Wolfheze where 1 CW player build line with emplacements and total amount of them was 15.
I was def and get like 1 bunker,sure we loss cuz arty spamming behind bunkers line not let us attack with troops or tanks,and without proper arty is no big chance in this moment.

IF somebody have any idea how to Balance this emplacements or not let them spam it is welcome...

Have a nice day from Volks... :)

Krieger Blitzer

Re: Welcome to the SimCity

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hmm, 15 emplacements? That sounds like a very high number! I have honestly not seen emplacements being very effective anymore.. ever since the last update as they have increased the construction time required for RE doc emplacements, the infantry doc emplacements however are still constructed too quickly, but they are too easy to kill as well.

I absolutely understand you though ^^ I know how emplacements can be very annoying.. but I just think Axis now have many tools to deal with emplacements, such as Stuka air patrol and SturmTiger! Tunnel maps might be also an advantage to emplacements, so maybe wider maps could be more appealing.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

oh, really? Does we messure camping in the ammount of emplacments? Do you guys now how many endless games i had on this fuck map? And axis camping right at start more or less in front of their base? Sarting point 5 i think. Right behind that 10 ammo point(s) and middle fuel point starts the heavy def line. First HMG´s, sandbags and AT guns, then trenches and finally 20 mm emplacments, Hetzers, Perhaps 88 emplacments and what fuck else.
You can camp literally with everything. I recently watched a game from shadowichigo at la fiere. Their opponents were SE and Terror doc. They camped with hetzers quite early, used excessive arty and so on. At the end they camped with panther tank. When they had two panthers and hetzer they still didnt dare to attack a single fucking firefly and instead fired a Sturmtiger shell on it.

Axis have a nature to camp at wolfheze, I cant remember a game where it hasnt been. And allis, knowing this, always take arty doc and rush for arty asap in order not to let the enemie build up an unbreakable defence. Ammo is rather limited at this map. So if you wait too long you wont have enough ammo to crack or to stop the expanding defense line arround the bases. So i am not surprised that allis usually play RA, RE and inf/AB doc on this map. And its not surprising that they will also start to lock enemies down.

When the MP income exceeds the ammo income on a map to a certain extend you start spamming emplacments as ally. Thats how i made sure axis expend all the ammo for the emplacments before they target the really important stuff like the offensive units (tanks and inf) and the valuable defensive units.

When i had could ensure that the MP income enabled me to build emplacments faster as axis had ammo for arty to kill them i then used the spam tactic as well (but also works for axis actually). Its the best way to slowly cripple down axis economie and to make sure that no sudden comeback happens (Like suddenly jagdtiger and luftwaffe inf occures).

I recently had a talk or talks with some guys. Either i told exactly this strategy to "OnlyLuckInvolved" or Nighthawks. Cant remember. Funny that just two days later this topic occures.

Emplacments just make sure that a comeback is less likely to happen. It sepperates enemie units during their assaults and slows them down so that arty and planes can hit them. Its a very slow and nasty death for axis. I hate it myself but its simply the safest. Over years ive seen it tooooo often that even when a victory was almost sure, that it needs just a well placed final arty barrage, a last call in heavy armored fortress and a last heroic infantry assault. Or perhaps just one final panther and 1-2 lucky bouncy shots on it and the game has turned. Emplacments can help to prevent this happen. And thats why i am doing it towards the end of a game during the "final battle for the base". And Wolfheze is always "the final battle for the base"- Always.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Last game what i played was on 3v3 on Wolfheze where 1 CW player build line with emplacements and total amount of them was 15.
I was def and get like 1 bunker,sure we loss cuz arty spamming behind bunkers line not let us attack with troops or tanks,and without proper arty is no big chance in this moment.

Its the map that is the problem, you should try different maps like, Lyon, Vire river valley, *insert another bad map* . Chokepointy map does not welcome assaultforces.

IF somebody have any idea how to Balance this emplacements or not let them spam it is welcome...

They are urrently balanced since pretty much every doctrine has some way of dealing with it, worst case scenarios are Armor off-map, TH stuka, Luft Stuka bombers, But emplacements are supposed to counter these doctrines. I would say they are fine as they are. But I would personally make grenades and flames more effective in clearing emplacements. And prob remove the incinvible mg42 gunner in bunkers and base buildings.
I dont see how limiting emplacements to 2 will solve anything, since 1 is usually enough to hold the line.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!