High Explosive Nerf

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Redgaarden

High Explosive Nerf

Post by Redgaarden »

I will first talk about HE from the 17 Pounder. I think its HE is overperforming, it feels like its shooting with a 90mm cannon. The explosion is too big for a 76mm cannon. I dont see why it needs such anti infantry capabilities. And I think the 17 pounder should be more specialized in killing tank instead of infantry. Readjusting it to be about same lethaility as the US 76mm or panther HE would be just fine.
I currently dont have a working corsix so I dont have the exact stats. And this is just from feeling. But I still dont think achilles and 17 pounder emplacements shouldn't counter elite infantry as it does currently.

And I would also like to suggest an accuracy reduction against infantry to the STUH/STUPA as I dont think they should be sniping infantry. I dont mind if the accuracy vs sniper stays the same, I quite enjoy using them as counter sniping tools. But I think StuHs and Stupas should be more of an anti emplacement tool/sustained dmg vs tanks. I dont think the M8 scott should get such a nerf since its not very effective vs emplacements nor tanks compared to Stuh/Stupa.

My reasons for why I want the nerf, is so infantry can play a bigger role in destroying tank destoryers without themselves getting killed.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

MarKr
Team Member

Re: High Explosive Nerf

Post by MarKr »

From 5.0.0 patch notes:
CW:
- Tweaked efficiency of HE shot on Achilles, Firefly, 17 pounder
The efficiency of HE shot on 17 pounders has been lowered already. The AoE was decreased and I think also the damage scaling (it should drop damage faster when going form the center to the edge of explosion. Is it really still overperforming? :?

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

W:
- Tweaked efficiency of HE shot on Achilles, Firefly, 17 pounder

The efficiency of HE shot on 17 pounders has been lowered already. The AoE was decreased and I think also the damage scaling (it should drop damage faster when going form the center to the edge of explosion. Is it really still overperforming? :?

That explains why they dont perform as I remeber them. You have no idea how much confusion this has casued me. To answer your question, they are probably fine as they are now. I just thought i had been really unlucky with my shots as they didn't wipe the entire squad. As they dont slaughter as much as they used to. I would say they are fine now. I can't beleive I didn't see that in the patch notes.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

The 17 pdr and hellcat 76 have the highest basic damage in the center. Its 110. The max AoE is 5. The radius is as follows: 0-1 short, 1-2,5 is medium, 2,5 - 3.5 is long, 3,5-4 and 5 is distant. Damage modifier for each range is: 1/07/06/0.5. Penetration modifier is: 1/0.8/0.75/0.5

For other guns (Panther/Tank IV) the max AoE is 7. Basic damage 95. The radius is as follows: 0-1 short, 1-3 is medium, 3 - 5 is long, 5-6 and 7 is distant. Damage modifier for each range is: 1/07/06/0.5. Penetration modifier is the same for each distant type.

The 76 shermans basic damage is 80. The AoE, damage modifier etc. is same as for axis.

The damage modifier vs target table inf is 1.4 for 17 pdr and hellact, 1.5 for the others (Panther, tank IV, sherman 76).
VS Heroic (used by gebirgs IIRC) the damage modifier its 1 for all.

So damage for all is enough to kill soldiers outright. Just the AoE for 17 pdr isnt as good. Its lower and damage drops of faster.

But if you face gebirgsjäger it might be more usefull to use the 17 pdr and hellcat. The damage of normal 76 sherman is barely enough to kill a Gebirtgsjäger when it has no vet. This cover enhacment boosts not taken into acc. Here the Hellcat and 17 pdr will hit perhaps less soldiers at once but therefore its more likely to score at least one kill. Also Gebirgs in late game will be verly likely sit close together in one of the many mortar and arty craters. So The AoE is less an issue. So perhaps as an advice when facing Gebirgsjäger (The only inf i know using heroic type) sitting arround in small craters: Use Hellcat over 76 sherman. It simply deals a lot more damage.
Build more AA Walderschmidt