Mark Target ability.

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Krieger Blitzer

Mark Target ability.

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hello!

I would just like to speak about the so called "mark target" ability.
The ability is available only for a few units, and only in some particular doctrines... However, the ability is all the way free to use and with very short charge time as well. I have noticed that any unit targeted by this ability (no matter if elite or ordinary unit...) would suddenly shrink!
Somehow this ability seem to have some sort of magical influence.. causing the target to collapse just way too quickly, even at max range.

To be honest, this ability is 1 thing in Bk Mod that I still don't know much info about! It's available for some units on both sides, Axis and Allies.
So far, the ability seem to be extremely useful and without any drawbacks.

Anybody else has more info or even similar thoughts to share about this ability?!

Thanks for reading :)

Warhawks97

Re: Mark Target ability.

Post by Warhawks97 »

First look:

20% increased received accuracy (for the target off course). Its one of the best abilties so far. One reason i always get an M20 as armor doc out. As TH doc i use it to markr infantry like commandos and stuff. Any nearby inf or anti inf vehicle will shred the target.

In armor doc it can be very helpfull to hit the target while your tanks are on the move.

Also the unit wont be able to hide for some time. It lasts 30 seconds. I cant say if it stacks. If so its even more brutal bc the recharge is just 10 seconds.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Krieger Blitzer

You know what... I think "hit and run tactics" ability might not be thrown into the basket alone! Mark Target could be an appropriate partner.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Why? It is not like you use it on someone and they instantly die. The soldiers are easier to hit but something still needs to shoot at them...it leaves space for potent TD+infantry combinations.

Krieger Blitzer

Well, what I wanted to say is that this ability seems to be too effective game-play wise.. for absolutely ZERO drawbacks apparently.
I mean 10 seconds charge time; and above all, for FREE! Works against any kind of targets too. Honestly this doesn't seem fine, just to say the least...

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Doesnt work on AT guns which should be the most obvious threat to mark.

The abilty is hardly worth your effort when you almost hit 100% of shells against tanks.

This game needs more stealth reveal. And my qustion is. Does units still get camo bonus even if it gets uncloaced?
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I don't think the uncloaked units get bonuses - game detects if the unit is camoed or not and when it is camoed, it can get a bonus. If the unit gets uncloaked by its own action (by e.g. moving) or by opponent should not matter.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Thank you for answering. But not there is another question the piques my intrest. Why is it Mark target ability can't target Anti tank guns?
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

You also cant mark deployed HMGs or mortars. Only when moving iirc. I might be wrong though. Probably bc the unit consists of "two parts"? The infantry and the weapon? That would answer why moving HMG squads can be targeted. Just a thought.

Redgaarden wrote:This game needs more stealth reveal. And my qustion is. Does units still get camo bonus even if it gets uncloaced?

I dont think its too much stealth in game. In reality would would be able to hide all units.
What bugs me most is the "re-cloack" of TD´s and AT guns. They shoot, dont move and during engagment cloaking again.

To your second question i think markr made a mistake. Afaik allied TD´s have a "after cloack boost". The first shot reveals but the second shot comes with reduced reload time. Also i think that the TD has reduced received accuracy before making the second shot but after being revealed.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

No, definitaly against removing market target ! ist pretty good in late game for both axis/allies to kill of rambos, also its good to make strategic manouvers like hide a mg 42 mark target shoot. and much more! also on allie site

Edit: i can pretty much say it has some drawbacks it Needs aloooot of clicking *micromanagement* especially in stressy situations and ive never feelt its op somehow! also warhawks yes your wrong you cant mark any deployed hmg or mortar
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Krieger Blitzer

Ya, now worries :P I don't think it should be removed anymore.. but maybe it should cost some ammo? Not much though; about 50 munition or less!