a question to pvp

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Jalis

a question to pvp

Post by Jalis »

If realism is not important in pvp and balance is the must, why pvp dont ask for civil war option ?

On mirrored maps it would offer possibility for a perfect balance, mirroring faction too, and only player skill would make the difference.

It would also solve the problem of game who dont fill because everybody want to play the same side/faction.

Bad side is it would ask a big work to update bk TT, that have major flaws in such situation.

I ask because I played in such situation on others games.

Krieger Blitzer

Re: a question to pvp

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

What do you mean with civil war option? You mean Axis vs Axis and Allied vs Allied or what?

If that's all about it, then I don't think it will be fun.. because the "fun" is generated when the tools are different, yet when balanced as well.

And realism should not be completely neglected in PvP but just it's not a top priority.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

yes, axis vs axis for exemple, but also royal commando-terror vs PE luft-US armor ect... Some new horizon to explore.

Allows all factions both side. It is the only way to achieve perfect balance. Only player skill can make the difference. (mirror game extreme exemple)

Perhaps I have a more pvp soul than you think :lol:

Like I suggest it is an option. No way somebody can bound an other player to accept a game configuration he dont want to play.

Wolf
Administrator

Post by Wolf »

For me such games just feel weird, I really dislike if game has that option and I play against someone who plays the same, even if its some pseudo-realistic situation.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I think it has been asked before.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Well, I would love such option. Currently there is no way to match skills of players effiecntly. And it just needs to be added as an option. Not forced upon all players.
Now that I think about it. Can it even be done like that? oh well I see your concern.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

There is a mod that does this, it's called Same Fronts. Somebody even adjusted it for our beloved Blitzkrieg conversion in v4.9.5.
Click me

No idea if it works in multiplayer, though.

But as you might see from the comments, the mod author doesn't have permission from the BK team.
So I'm not even sure if I'm on thin ice posting here :?

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Imo it is something that have interest only for pvp. An old pvp game use this feature ; chess.

Technically is not complicated, but would be more time consuming because Actual BK TT would need update.

I can see only one major problem. Player have habits. In such configuration game would require lot of vigilence. I presume if I play today a pvp game as axis and see a panther around I will though it is a team mate. Here ; not necessary.