Commonwealth truck nerf, too much...

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Bad_Rain

Commonwealth truck nerf, too much...

Post by Bad_Rain »

Hello everyone,

So I was playing this 1 v 1 against Öli, and I wanted my truck on a fuel point on duclair.
But I couldnt send my truck anywhere because 28mm scout car kills a truck in 3 shots, so it's impossible to send your truck anywhere.

I understand that some players abuse trucks for ramming, but having this super low HP truck is very bad for gameplay... Game does not develop and brits can no longer evolve in 1 v 1... I uploaded my replay, go and see for yourself.

I hope you guys understand that having non developing doctrins is very bad for gameplay, and I hope devs can review the nerfs to the trucks.

Bad_Rain
Attachments
temp.rec
(389.65 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

sgtToni95

Re: Commonwealth truck nerf, too much...

Post by sgtToni95 »

I was streaming this, and seing truck being destroyed twice so quickly was quite annoying..
I know this is a 1v1 and this is much hadred to happen in bigger games, but still nerfing trucks like this just because some idiots can't play fair is rather disappointing. I think just pointing out those who abuse and avoid them in pvp games would be smarter.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

There is another way of solving this but it has its downsides too. Here is the problem that while in mobile mode the unit can be easily destroyed by early AT units. The problem of the other solution is significantly worse pathfinding for the trucks which leads to mobility issues. We chose this solution because we think that the need to pay increased attention to when and where you move your trucks is acceptable for CW if we consider how many direct and indirect buffs they received in last few patches.

"Pointing at abusers" doesn't really work - they can switch their nicks just as thos TP abusers did it. So that is not an effective solution to this issue.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

I think taking THAT damage is quite too much honestly... think of when 28mm is available, just send that to enemy spawn and that can prevent brits from playing more than T1... nade bundle oneshots it too... i think that's quite a lot honestly

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Well. I saw maps without any map defense. At least there is one without it besides autry. So technically you can really put a 28 mm vehicle there and wait like Truck hunter.

Damn, who actually started that truck thing? I would have never thought off exploiting it -.-
Build more AA Walderschmidt

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Don't know who started it but even when it was said that it is abusing, the reaction from them is always the same - "It is in the game and devs did not disable it so why shouldn't I use it? (sometimes they add) just for the lolz" :roll:

Though I just got an idea that might work quite well too...we'll see.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Hmm, just throwing an idea...
Vehicles in the game.. such as Greyhound and Puma, etc. Are generally unable to pass over MGs, Mortars or anything, unlike tanks.
So, probably the solution would be just making the CW trucks act the same way as vehicles? At this point; 28mm and 37mm AT guns would no longer have to deal too much damage to the trucks when they are mobile, and thus everyone would be happy again.

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

Rockets are too dangerous for CW trucks, one succesful salvo can leave them with a half of HP, not even talking about killing everyone at the HQ!

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@tiger: that is pretty much what I meant by this
MarKr wrote:Though I just got an idea that might work quite well too...we'll see.
need to test it for possible issues though.