Luft Panther

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Kasbah

Luft Panther

Post by Kasbah »

Hi,

I would like to ask if the Panther could be moved away from Luft. It has always been there but imo it makes no sense in an air/support doc.

As some complain about TH doc not having a powerful tank I think it could be moved to this doc so it could replace the Nashorn that is, imo, useless because for the same price you get a way more resistant Jagdpanzer IV.

A Panzer IV H could replace the Panther in Luft doc. I would also like, as it has been suggested, to have the artillery option for flak as wher defensive doc that could eventually replace the nebelwerfers.

What do you think?

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: Luft Panther

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Panther D is shit and waste of resourses anyway, i never build it in luft doc and also will never build it in th doc, just sensless unit, it have zero effectivness against inf, vs tanks you can buy cheap and cool Marder 1, which is also good against inf btw...

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

I use the panther, esspecially when enemie uses some jumbos from inf doc and other shermans against my inf^^. I just like it coz its a panther for cheap that can soak some fire.

But as you said it makes little sense in an air doc though luftwaffe had some Panthers in end phase of the war. But that way inf doc could also have hellcat as those got attached to inf divisions as well^^.

The Nashorn is really a waste in TH doc because the IV/70 is much better and cost the same. But i think that the IV/70 is pretty cheap for its performence and survivability. Nashorn maybe bit to expensive but it oneshots jumbos and even the largest heaviest allied tanks easily with two shots.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

I like Panther but when I play Luft I go first for the Flak, which makes more sense imo for this doc. If then I have to spend my points on the panther and my resources on the building it's a waste. Luft should have one building less, like def doc.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Kasbah wrote:I like Panther but when I play Luft I go first for the Flak, which makes more sense imo for this doc. If then I have to spend my points on the panther and my resources on the building it's a waste. Luft should have one building less, like def doc.

So only TH building for hetzer and marder or tank factory?

Yeah, the 88 is crazy. Esspecially unemplaced it covers a large area. I like to spam them when my opponent has no CW arty^^ Last time i had 8 or 10 of them and all covering also each other. they covered the entire map.

When talking about 88 its probably one of the last crazy insta killer units. In old versions stuhs, stupas, scotts etc had been such infantry squad instant killers.

The 88 seems to have 100% accuracy even on 100 range with AP and HE rounds. Epic weapon as long as you can switch between the ammo types.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

Well it's a good question, I didn't think about which building should be removed, if panzer factory or TH building. I don't remember which building, I think it's TH has only one unit (Hetzer), so maybe this one. For this kind of doc it would make sense.
And yes, Flak is amazing, but it should have the def' artillery option. This said, mortars hidden beneath building and bushes can do great damage. Also snipers. And these damn sappers with flammes, you must have some infantry, mg nest or something close to them.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Kasbah wrote:Well it's a good question, I didn't think about which building should be removed, if panzer factory or TH building. I don't remember which building, I think it's TH has only one unit (Hetzer), so maybe this one. For this kind of doc it would make sense.
And yes, Flak is amazing, but it should have the def' artillery option. This said, mortars hidden beneath building and bushes can do great damage. Also snipers. And these damn sappers with flammes, you must have some infantry, mg nest or something close to them.

Actually PE has as basic Marders and Hetzer in my opinion those make more sense in their supportive role. I would stay with Marders and Hetzers and fits in luftaffe ambushes.

About 88.. do you play 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4? Their are crazy powerfull. 100 range (unemplaced one, emplaced has 75 lik epaks) and it oneshots pretty much every tank on this range and also inf squads with HE rounds. I usually have a luft inf squad nearby or a panzergren squad. Also nice is a Wirbelwind as protection against glider drops. I would have 88 with arty barrage but therefore 75 range like all paks and which is still more as KT has. 100 range for the unemplaced is pretty sure from vcoh.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Ye! Lets NERF 88! *just kidding* Its effective - yes, and it obviously must be like that. And no, flak havent got 100% accuracy, HE shell always hitting an object between target and gun.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Ye! Lets NERF 88! *just kidding* Its effective - yes, and it obviously must be like that. And no, flak havent got 100% accuracy, HE shell always hitting an object between target and gun.

I am using the 88 often when playing Luft and esspecially when enemie has no CW arty. The accuracy seems to be almost 100%. Even against tanks that use smoke screen. It oneshots simply everything at 100 (which is even for that gun crazy as it is the same that the Tiger is using) range and only jumbo seem to stand sometimes a shot. The pen stats are close to the 88/L74 (which doesnt exist in game) and the HE rounds smashing everything. Seldomly it hits an obstacle.

I will open a topic abut that issue but alone for gameplay reasons 100 range is crazy. because the emplaced has 75 and because its exceeds the view of a player.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Thats pointless.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:Thats pointless.

what is pointless? That the stats are rather those of an L/74 than L/56 is true. Just look at corsix oO.