Boys-AT...again

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Butterkeks

Boys-AT...again

Post by Butterkeks »

Well we all know where this is going.

Why do Boys-AT never hit anything? Why do they even bounce off a Schwimmwagen? Why do I need three hits for a Schwimmwagen but only two for Sdkfz. 222?

I just had a game (me and Cyber as allies vs. Skuin and Terence) which was over after 2 minutes. Why? Because Sukin came with two Schwimmwagen and they failed to hit anything with 10 shots (My Boys were in medium cover because the green place was occupied by Sukin).

And even if they had - i would have needed three shots. Well, after loosing my side, next thing happens. Boys-AT are in a house, the Schwimmwagen stop in front of the house, 6 shots, 1 hit.
Let that sink in. From a distance of 5 meters, the hit ONE shot out of SIX.

A single PAK 36 costs 200 MP, Boys 270. Well, the Pak at least oneshots a Jeep, but try killing a Schwimmwagen with Boys if you are not in a house or at least in green cover. Also Pak36 is great against inf because of explosive rounds (I don't have a Problem with that, just sayin'). So I pay 70MP (or actually 340 because I need two of 'em to have at least a bit of a chance) more for a unit that can't kill Inf and can't kill a Schwimmwagen?

As most of us know, in the older versions Boys were absolutely OP. I don't want to go back to that, but they definitely need a buff in accuracy. I don't complain about firerate or damage (only vs Schwimmwagen...), only about the accuray which actually isn't even there.

The Schwimmwagen really shouldn't have that much hitpoints, but this is another topic.

So please do this mod a favor and buff the Boys-AT :)

Warhawks97

Re: Boys-AT...again

Post by Warhawks97 »

Yeah, i made similiar experiences. Since schwimm take more hits (surviving 3) of Boys AT my favorit tatic to crush brits quickly is to use doule schwimm+SE sniper.

And sukins new favorit tactic is double schwimm. :P He owned as that way as well and we (me and loki) had 37 mm pak and double boys AT (pak also missed 4 times). Ive been watching many games of sukin on steam beta and he uses very often double schwimm, even in late game to defend points vs inf, quick repairs etc. Not sedomly he has those schwimms on vet 2 with many inf kills.

Reduce cost of Boys AT to 220 MP.
Increase close and mid range accuracy. (i did same experiences as Butterkeks)
Schwimmwagen should not be able to survive 3 hits without a crit damage. It should survive max 2 hits and maybe more often a crit.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

BearsOnUnicycles

Post by BearsOnUnicycles »

I was watching that 2v2 on steam broadcast. It was a really GG. And yes, Sukin-kot knows how to use those bikes. lolz =)

Yummy

Post by Yummy »

Just brits need 2-pnr and this ridiculous stategy schwimwagens to win AT-specializated teams will end. AT boys are pretty good against WM trucks and bikes but against schwimwagens... Wolf always nerf things, but never fix balance issues.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I always thought that Bike and Schwimm share the same target type (same values apply when attacked by same weapon), now I've looked into it and the target type is different. The damage Bike takes from BOYS is multiplied by 2.5 while Schwimm takes normal (multiplied by 1). Otherwise the stats are the same... I guess this was not an intention. If so, it will be fixed in the next patch.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

MarKr wrote:I always thought that Bike and Schwimm share the same target type (same values apply when attacked by same weapon), now I've looked into it and the target type is different. The damage Bike takes from BOYS is multiplied by 2.5 while Schwimm takes normal (multiplied by 1). Otherwise the stats are the same... I guess this was not an intention. If so, it will be fixed in the next patch.

^^

oh dear! They are far away from being similiar. I mean schwimm survives pak hits sometimes. Its not even such a rare phenomen and it doesnt surprises me. I had a schwimmwagen that got hit by US 76 mm pak and only "main gun destroyed". I just thought wtf.

Not intention... i wouldnt say that....

If you look into all these stats maybe try to add more crits for jeep, bike, schwimm. Schimm has only engine damage and main gun destroyed. Jeep only engine damaged and destroyed and bike only engine damaged.

Also crits like gunner dead or immobilized or engine damage should more often when being hit by rifle fire. I mean they are unarmored and every area is a critical part (wheels, crew, engine etc). They are a way too combat effective and should be "reduced" to their actual role as recconnassaince, sniper hunting and maybe infantry movment denying in early game. But too often they shred and suppress infantry in yellow and sometimes even green cover.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

ShadowIchigo

Post by ShadowIchigo »

I totally agree with you war.. definitely bring them to a recon role not op anti inf..

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

Lolz shadow... necropost.

I think that devs has already heard about boys so many times that they will change it finally ;).

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

JimQwilleran wrote:Lolz shadow... necropost.

I think that devs has already heard about boys so many times that they will change it finally ;).

But I believe shadow was actually speaking there about the Schwim, which is yet not decided.. and not about the Brits Boys again as u mistakenly think here!!! :)
As he surely knows that they are finally going to be changed... U would already realize that; only if u have read his posts through the inspiration topic ;)

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Open ur eyes next time bud before u probably manage to type anything... ^^
Don't be so blind just like that :P