Squad of sabotage Doc SE

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Shanks

Squad of sabotage Doc SE

Post by Shanks »

I only want to mention two points, which I have with respect to this infantry, first, it does not have the five seconds of delays to infiltrate them in a house and, second, the most important thing, that it can destroy a point, without necessity, or even to take the point, either fuel, ammunition or efective, and I really think this is very bad, because when you want to react, to defend your point, "you do not have enough time" to do so, since they destroy it quickly, not to mention that repair the point destroyed, it's all a parto.I think, the solution is simple; do, at least must leave the point neutral, to be able to destroy it, as do the other infantry that have this ability, would be just as it is a very dirty tactic, give it the 5 seconds delay, to infiltrate, and all ok
Note:sorry for the google translate lol

sgtToni95

Re: Squad of sabotage Doc SE

Post by sgtToni95 »

I already brought this up some time ago, and i mostly agree with you.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2325

This replay basically shows what that squad is capable of: spawn behind enemy lines, quickly sabotage a sector (even when locked down by CW truck) and then die after causing a huge damage to anemy res income (- 23 ammo income, from 49 to 26, for several minutes with 800 MP iirc). I'm not sure but i think SE player then spawns them next to the point just to spot for sector artillery (used on a neutral sector which was not even owned earlier, sorry but that's another thing i think it's "too much" for such an ability, even with its downsides) or to kill repairing squad.

I agree it has very little chance to survive once used, but the way it works makes it just a decently cost effective kamikaze unit imo, which is usually not the way units are designed.

I know comparing different units is always wrong, but SAS and Fallshirm (and marine commandos iirc?) have the same ability, and they might have higher surviving capabilities (due to squad members and weapons loadout), but since they have to cap or neutralize before sabotage their chance to survive is dropped again, just they might not even complete their task in time, and if the sector is locked by a PE scout car or m16 they'd be forced to retreat as soon as they land.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

This unit is awesome on urban maps with low income in fuel and ammo. You get two stgs and four Mp40 for free. If you ambush rangers or something you will kill it quickly. I usually use it either that way or i destroy a point and wait for the unit that comes to repair it.

I havent seen it being used by players very often. Most focus on arty anyway when playing SE. Also the squad has already received some nerfs. Disabling points for example takes longer now (and cost some ammo).

I do not really have an opinion on this. It can be valuable but if you go this way first your arty support for the team will be delayed. Its a awesome unit for trolling i think.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Shanks

Post by Shanks »

Warhawks97 wrote:This unit is awesome on urban maps with low income in fuel and ammo. You get two stgs and four Mp40 for free. If you ambush rangers or something you will kill it quickly. I usually use it either that way or i destroy a point and wait for the unit that comes to repair it.

I havent seen it being used by players very often. Most focus on arty anyway when playing SE. Also the squad has already received some nerfs. Disabling points for example takes longer now (and cost some ammo).

I do not really have an opinion on this. It can be valuable but if you go this way first your arty support for the team will be delayed. Its a awesome unit for trolling i think.

you said it, they do not use it! but as soon as they use it, they will know how deadly harmful they can be