Mobile Howitzers

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
crimax

Mobile Howitzers

Post by crimax »

As I said, I generally like last update, but there is something that should be fixed in next one ...

Artillery issues (OMG again) .... yes !

I noticed (as usual) a bit more spam of artillery caused by mobile howitzers.
These units are buildable in doctrines that are not intended to be defensive/artillery. And we all know how much they are effective.

The question is, can a defensive doctrine (like US infantry) build only 1 mobile howitzer and Terror or TH docs, 2 or more ?

But please, don't answer me that their barrage cost is more hight because in mid/high resources map this is not a problem.

The simple fact that there are 2 mobile howitzers into tank based doctrines is an error, building costs, barrage costs, etc. are secondary, I repat, especially on hi res maps.

SUGGESTION
1) Hotchkiss max 1 unit
2) Walking stuka (zu fuss) max 1 unit
3) Maultier max 1 unit
4) British 75mm max 1 unit
4) Give 2nd 105mm to infantry doc (maybe)
5) Give 2nd Grille to Def doc (maybe)

At the moment mobile howitzers are spammed anywhere in this mod, I don't like it and I think it is a way to smooth doctrines.

Your thoughts about ?
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

Kasbah

Re: Mobile Howitzers

Post by Kasbah »

Yes to 1-3 except Hotchkiss. TH doc has no other arty than this ultra slow vehicle that is only good for that and aims very bad.
4-5 could be done again. A single 105 or Grille is not that much.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

1 Hotchkiss must be a joke.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Haha... well, did you read this stuff?:)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=200 (later pages)

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=89 (continued here)

Personally i dont have many problems with them. It never happens that two walking stukas are fielded due to ammo cost of it.
Maultier... also mostly one times build (i seldomly build one). Most use stuh as arty unit anyway.
Hotchkiss.... seriously?:D
you mean second 105 sherman for inf doc? read links for that (same for grille). wouldnt say no

You see so many mobile arty units aka wespe and priest because this is pretty much the only effective arty left to break emplacments and other defensives and thus this docs occure in basically every match. Thats why you see so many of them.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Sukin-kot (SVT)

I agree with previous posts.
- Hotchkiss they only arty unit in TH doc, which is slow as shit
- You will never see two Stuka in use, unless you havent got 200+ ammo income per minute.
- same to maultier
- British 75 mm is the only unit which can clear the area from early campers with thousand paks and mgs, maybe limit in to 3, but i actually seen 3+ of them only few times.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:I agree with previous posts.
- Hotchkiss they only arty unit in TH doc, which is slow as shit
- You will never see two Stuka in use, unless you havent got 200+ ammo income per minute.
- same to maultier
- British 75 mm is the only unit which can clear the area from early campers with thousand paks and mgs, maybe limit in to 3, but i actually seen 3+ of them only few times.

agreed on all.

crimax

Post by crimax »

It is not my intention to answer "point per point" because this is my personal opinion and as you know, I would really like to view less artillery in this mod.

Anyway, when I read "You will never see two Stuka in use" ...... this made me hilarous .... Do I need to upload last 2 games replays ? :)

Same to don't give the second Sherman 105 or Grille to artillery based doctrines.

I disagree with you guys ...
Company Of Heroes is the 'water gun version' of Blitzkrieg Mod" (Heinz Wilhelm Guderian, 1939)

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

crimax wrote:It is not my intention to answer "point per point" because this is my personal opinion and as you know, I would really like to view less artillery in this mod.

Anyway, when I read "You will never see two Stuka in use" ...... this made me hilarous .... Do I need to upload last 2 games replays ? :)

Same to don't give the second Sherman 105 or Grille to artillery based doctrines.

I disagree with you guys ...

was it the game against MessUupgood? he is the only one i know who uses two lol. I know two players who use them at all.

Also i just had a game. Very hardcore defensive style with unknown people on booth sides with low experiences. Finally we got several bunkers, paks and i alone build up 8 or 9 88. step by step pushing forwad and then new 88 while inf covers me.

My opponent then used off map arty+ arty sherman and it only killed the crew of my unemplaced 88. It was only slight damaged, repaired and remanned in 3 seconds. He would have need 5 arty shermans to to kill the first defense we had consisting of 2-3 bunkers, many paks and 2-3 88 guns. The single arty sherman never destroyed an 88.

For me its simply the game engine etc which makes arty so usefull and absolutely needed.

Yummy

Post by Yummy »

Arty topic, again :D.

Increasing movable artillery limits only will increase the arty fests. Limiting the artillery/rocket halftrucks is fine. Nowadays 4v4 games are turned into heavy artillery battle (every doctrine has artillery except RAF!), german constant assaults because of the new stg44 upgrade for all doctrines and heaviest tanks spam.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Yummy wrote:Arty topic, again :D.

Increasing movable artillery limits only will increase the arty fests. Limiting the artillery/rocket halftrucks is fine. Nowadays 4v4 games are turned into heavy artillery battle (every doctrine has artillery except RAF!), german constant assaults because of the new stg44 upgrade for all doctrines and heaviest tanks spam.

German constant assault and heavy tank spam doesnt fit to "heavy artilery battle" O_O

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Yummy wrote:Arty topic, again :D.

If armor wouldnt have such fuel issues, US in general dozens of upgrades to be effective and and rifles maybe a reinforce cost decrease from 24-20 according to new cheaper reinforce cost of axis basic inf (grens) :roll:

Then we would see more constant attacks from booth sides.