Heavy Ammunition Carrier

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
fronex

Heavy Ammunition Carrier

Post by fronex »

Hello,

I dont know, if i am in the right thread, but I have a problem.
I just played as PE with "scorched earth"-doctrine.
In the techtree, you have the possibility to get a "heavy ammunition carrier", with the descpription,
that this carrier can support Wespe and Hummel. But I built every building and I can only build
the "light ammunition carrier".
So its a bug I really cant build the heavy carrier or does this option upgrade my light carrier? If its
"only" a upgrade, I would change the description in the techtree, because for me its sounds like I
have the chance to build a "heavy ammunition carrier".

https://picload.org/view/rwclpppi/20170 ... 1.jpg.html
https://picload.org/view/rwclpppw/20170 ... 1.jpg.html
https://picload.org/view/rwclppwr/20170 ... 1.jpg.html

Diablo

Re: Heavy Ammunition Carrier

Post by Diablo »

I think you answered your own question there (especially through the screenshots).

"Ermöglicht dem Munitionskettenfahrzeug das Laden von 105 mm und 150 mm Artilleriegranaten."
Roughly translates to:
"Enables the ammunition halftrack to be loaded with 105 mm and 150 mm artillery munitions."

Meaning yes, you upgrade your light ammunitions halftrack in a sort of "heavy" ammunitions halftrack.
It's maybe a matter of description accuracy, but not a bug (atleast in my book).

fronex

Post by fronex »

So its maybe more a suggestion, thats the description maybe could be a bit better :P

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

If you guys find mistakes in the translations please correct them, only native speakers can do that, not us, you guys have the google translations sheets for that.

fronex

Post by fronex »

I dont know, if its a mistake in translation, because I dont know the original description. Maybe somebody can post it here?

Okay, I looked for my own of the original text. And I have to suggestions, that could maybe changed.
First, instead of the title "heavy ammunation carrier" (Schwerer Munitionsträger) I would choose the title "Heavy Ammunition for Carrier" (Schwere Munition für Träger). Because for me, i felt irriteted, because the title "heavy ammunition carrier" sounds for me like i have the possibility to build a heavy ammunition carrier. But at the end the ligt ammunition carrier gets an upgrade.

Second. The original english description: "Enables the Light Ammunition Halftrack to carry 105 and 150mm atillery rounds. WHen the vehivcle is close to a Wespe, or Hummel self-propelled howitzer, the cost of their savlos will be decreased"
The german translation: "Ermöglicht dem Munitionskettenfahrzeug das Laden von 105mm und 150mm Artilleriegranaten. Befindet sich dies dann in der Nähe einer Hummel oder Wespe Panzerhaubitze so kann diese Ihre Ladungen kostengünstiger abfeuern." I would change some little things in the Translation: "Ermöglicht dem Munitionskettenfahrzeug/Munitionsträger das Laden von 105mm und 150mm Artilleriegranaten. Befindet sich der Träger in der Nähe von einer Hummel oder Wespe Panzerhaubitze, so kann diese ihre Salve kostengünstiger abfeuern."
And I would try to find one word for the Ammunition Carrier, in the german translation i find three versions. "Leichter Munitionspanzerwagen", "Munitionskettenfahrzeug" and Munitionsträger.

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:If you guys find mistakes in the translations please correct them, only native speakers can do that, not us, you guys have the google translations sheets for that.

I see. I think i read that somebody needs to whitelist one's google account to directly modify the translation sheets online. How to get that going?

And one more question; is it okay to just change translations that other people (obviously) have created earlier? That is, because in my opinion a few of them are flawed.. and i'd like to change that.

@fronex's last statement
Yes, it should be standardized. I personally prefer Munitionskettenfahrzeug.
(the reasoning behind that: Leichter Munitionspanzerwagen - with the upgrade it seizes to be "Leicht" [light] and the word "Panzerwagen" [armored car] is misleading and should be reserved to combat vehicles, i think. Regarding Munitionsträger [ammunition carrier]; the word "Kettenfahrzeug" is more descriptive of it's nature, but that probably comes down to personal preference.

Cheers

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Send a MP to Wolf he will grant you the access, thx.

fronex

Post by fronex »

Panzerblitz1 wrote:Send a MP to Wolf he will grant you the access, thx.

Do you need anymore translators? Is there a thread with some information?

Diablo

Post by Diablo »

fronex wrote:
Panzerblitz1 wrote:Send a MP to Wolf he will grant you the access, thx.

Do you need anymore translators? Is there a thread with some information?

There is a thread in the announcements section (http://forum.bkmod.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1017), take special notice of the first and last page. :mrgreen: