Bren Carrier-armor

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
P@nda

Bren Carrier-armor

Post by P@nda »

Hello.
I've played 3v3 agains 3x PE with 3x CW. I made bren carrier to stop theirs schwimmwagen spam but that what happend... Bren Carrier have 7-11mm armor while schwimmwagen have no armor and only mg34. Schwimmwagen take almost half HP from bren carrier on series shoot, while vickers+bren almost do nothing to schwimmwagen !!! Mg34 should do much less damages to bren carrier, 7-11mm armor is made to stop most 7,xx mm bullets (not including AT ammo for mg). Schwimmwagen do less damage to jeep that is non armored and have engine at front.
Bren carrier really need boof in armor and damage.

V13dweller

Re: Bren Carrier-armor

Post by V13dweller »

Fun fact, the Schwimmwagen, along with the Kubelwagen were rear engined :D

But I thought that the recent patches fixed the broken bren carrier armour? And the Bren LMG is pretty bad against everything.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

I agree.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

V13dweller wrote:Fun fact, the Schwimmwagen, along with the Kubelwagen were rear engined :D

But I thought that the recent patches fixed the broken bren carrier armour? And the Bren LMG is pretty bad against everything.

it should be and it was. But this time it seemed that some old armor stats were taken into 4.8.5... dunno know but i´ve been watching the game on steam beta from the schwimmwagens player view. 1-2 burst of schwimm did reduced bren carrier hp by 50% and more. In return the first burst of bren did nothing to schwimm. Devs need to look into that coz in 4.8.3 it was bullet proof so far. Maybe wrong TT´s?
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Wake

Post by Wake »

Well, you must realize the simple fact that the schwimmwagen is german! You have ignored the superior technology of the axis war machine! And even if the schwimmwagen has no armor, of course it will be better than the armored bren carrier, because the driver and gunner of the schwimmwagen are highly trained deutsche soldaten!

Just kidding. Bren carrier is TERRIBLE and needs to be fixed. It costs 340 MP/10 Fuel and is MUCH MUCH worse at killing things than a 220 MP bike or 250 MP schwimm, while the bike and schwimm can easily kill the bren carrier.

Bren carrier should be made bulletproof. It's got armor, just like the scout car. The scout car is bulletproof. In real life, you would be able to shoot the scout car gunner off of his open-topped turret. The Bren carrier actually has a very protected seat for the gunner, similar to the coaxial MG of a tank.

But the scout car is still bulletproof, probably because it's German.

If there really was balance, make the bren carrier bulletproof like it should be. It would become very similar to the scout car, a VERY early game unit that is completely bulletproof and can take control of the entire map if the enemy does not build AT, just like the scout car. You know the scout car is actually cheaper than the bren carrier? It's only 300 MP/10 fuel.

It could even become like the AT halftrack, because you can put a boys AT rifle on the bren carrier.

Even more ridiculous is the reward unit for the bren carrier, the "wasp" with the flamethrower. It costs 400 MP/15 fuel and is easily killed by every axis unit. In comparison, the flame hetzer and sherman croc cost 400 and 425 MP.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

I think its a bug exactly with schwim, because Scout car do almost no damage to carrier.

Warhawks97

Post by Warhawks97 »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:I think its a bug exactly with schwim, because Scout car do almost no damage to carrier.

You had that situation in 4.85?... as i said, maybe wrong TT´s.
Build more AA Walderschmidt

Tony_Frost

Post by Tony_Frost »

Sukin-kot (SVT) wrote:I think its a bug exactly with schwim, because Scout car do almost no damage to carrier.

Not just schwim, but mopped do heavy damage to bren carrier.
And I'd call that topic "bren carrier armor and weapon", cause its weapon much worse then armor.

P@nda

Post by P@nda »

Bren carrier cost is hight, but its starting unit. M5 Recee is cheaper, but its aviable after calling 2nd truck. Same is with medium tanks in motor pool, some cost same or more than shermans, but they are aviable in early/mid game.

Wake

Post by Wake »

P@nda wrote:Bren carrier cost is hight, but its starting unit. M5 Recee is cheaper, but its aviable after calling 2nd truck. Same is with medium tanks in motor pool, some cost same or more than shermans, but they are aviable in early/mid game.

Scout car is 1000x better than bren carrier, but bren carrier costs more. Both are available 30 seconds into the game.