WH Terror Doc, Knight Cross Holder Command squad

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Merkkari

WH Terror Doc, Knight Cross Holder Command squad

Post by Merkkari »

Since KCH were removed in 4.8.5.0 they lost unique unit. It would be remade as command squad. Models exist already. First line command squad.

-One at the time, unit cap 1. Or once in a game recruitable preferably, becouse KCH cant be replace years of gained experience. And other WH inf.commander exist already to replace him.
-High survival ability instead of high damage dealer.
-It could be full 6 member squad (luger/MP40 upgrade + 5xStg44). Or similar as PE haupsturmführer, 3 member (luger/MP40 upgrade + 2xStg44)
-Holds same weapon upgrades as previos old KCH unit if full squad (PzShrek + optics to Stg44).
-To differ WH inf.commander it needs different commander abilities, same ones as PE hauptsturmführer?
-This gives Terror Doc two commaders, to elevate difference between other WH docs. British also has 2 inf.commanders.

Here are starter ideas. This sound plausible to create and not so much work needed as new unit from scratch. I also disliked idea of KCH as plentifull regular elite unit.

Wake

Re: WH Terror Doc, Knight Cross Holder Command squad

Post by Wake »

You basically just re-created KCH with that description there.

6 people in a squad, each with incredibly high health, all of them get very deadly automatic weapons that are effective at all ranges, that can be upgraded with a panzershreck and long range scopes, and the squad also acts as an officer by giving bonuses to nearby units.

I mean what's the difference? You took out one of the Stg44's and replaced it with an mp40? And now instead of a 2 unit cap the limit is 1? mean come on, they are exactly the same. Wehrmacht already get the standard officer. The only reason British get 2 inf commanders is because of their unique tech tree. They cost fuel and one of them can't even be used offensively.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

No sense in it of course, they were removed not for returning back in futuer.

Merkkari

Post by Merkkari »

Ok, I didnt know KCH were so hated from what i have read more in this forum. Delete thread.

Kasbah

Post by Kasbah »

It would be good thought if one member of the Grenadier squad kept the skin of a KCH. Like 5 normal soldiers plus one KCH officer.

smsteger89

Post by smsteger89 »

This is BS. I can't believe they removed the Knight's Cross. The Knight's Cross is one of the most significant Wehrmacht units. I don't care how strong it was. You might as well remove the command squad from the Airborne division too, you know since they are on par with the Knight's Cross. They're SUPPOSED to be absurdly strong. They cost damn near 700 manpower for one f'ing squad. You're not supposed to kill Knight's Cross easily. They are supposed to be able to take down armor units singlehandedly. They were restricted to 2 and it was fine. They were a cornerstone of the Terror doctrine and without them there's practically no reason to play Terror. The King Tiger is fun and V1's are nice but they have no power unit now.

What a f'in joke. Bring them back.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I don't care how strong it was.

If you don't care about the strenght of the unit then what so important for you? Their skin?

You might as well remove the command squad from the Airborne division too, you know since they are on par with the Knight's Cross.

It is not quite correct to compare KCH and HQ squad. KCH could survive direct mortar hit/ AVRE hit with only health loss but no actuall men dead. If you manage to score a direct mortar hit on HQ squad, you are quite sure to kill several of them at once. Also HQ squad comes in with 4 thompsons (worse than MP44s), one zook (worse than Schreck) and one sniper rifle (good at long range but the rest of the squad is armed for close combat which creates a problem for the overall squad combat effectivity). Given the fact that you need to hold back the squad in order not to get them killed, the sniper is usually the only one who scores some kills. The HQ squad is great support for paratroopers as it can heal them and give command bonuses but it is definately not as combat effective as KCH.