Piat's

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Panzer-Lehr-Division

Piat's

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Hey Folks, i wanna talk about the piat's is it intended that they now one shot every ht in their way? i think this is complete bs. It make sense that they might be one shot open top ht's but cmon 20 mm ht of pe etc pretty much every pe ht get 1 hit shrekt even if the piat shoot nearby the ht, not direct hitting but really nearby they die 1 hit srsly?
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Redgaarden

Re: Piat's

Post by Redgaarden »

But you can just drive away from a piat. Or you can drive straight torwards a piat. The piat is pretty bloody inaccurate that light vehicles could almost be considered a counter to them.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Redgaarden wrote:But you can just drive away from a piat. Or you can drive straight torwards a piat. The piat is pretty bloody inaccurate that light vehicles could almost be considered a counter to them.

This doesn't Change the fact that they 1 hit kill non open top ht's, also i wrote that even if they hit the dirt a Millimeter away from your ht's they still 1 hit kill somehow
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

If we compare PIATS and Bazookas, then zookas have overall better damage against mid-to-late game vehicles, and better accuraty at long range and zookas also have lower scatter (so even when the game rolls a "miss" the rocket has better chance to still hit something. Since PIATs deal less damage to medium (and stronger) tanks, they should perform well at least in some area, this area is killing light vehicles.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Alright then okay

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

You started complaining about PIATs after last game we had i posted the replay of (here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2041 ), as you can see there piats oneshot only static HTs and cars, while dealing some damage by splash, but not oneshotting with it.
I'd like to make you notice they missed many times as well, while probably a panzershreck would have done the clean job at the first try.

Sometimes it honestly seemed to me you just left them still expecting them to miss all the time.

If there's one thing i might find little unfair in PIATs is reload time: sometimes they seem to shoot so fast, but i think their accuracy compensates for this.

@MarKr would you mind telling us the reload time for PIATS?

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

piat reload time is half that of zook/shrek

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Piats are finally fine now, and yes they can destroy in one shot static HT, there is absolutely nothing wrong here, piats stay as they are.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

@sgtToni: speeddemon02 is right. PIATs have short reload times compared to other handheld AT weapons but other handheld AT reloads longer when target gets close but PIATs are the opposite - their basic reload time is 4 - 5 seconds but at middle to long range it goes up to 7 - 8.75 and at these ranges the accuracy is rather poor...so PIATs can shoot relatively fast but with crappy accuracy.

PIATs have strongest stats at short-to-medium range because at this range the weapon is very accurate and (as mentioned above) reloads faster but being close means your troops are in greater danger from enemy fire. Also as already said PIATs sort of suck even against PIVs - they fail to penetrate them reliably and deal less damage than zooks. They are strong vs light vehicles but light vehicles are fast, so if you see opponent coming with PIAT squad just keep reversing so that their chance to hit is small and reload longer and shoot at them and you should be able to cause enough damage to them that they will retreat.

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Ok thanks :)

drivebyhobo

Post by drivebyhobo »

MarKr wrote:, they should perform well at least in some area, this area is killing light vehicles.

It's good realism as well since PIATs historically did well against light vehicles particularly during operation market garden.