Bombing/Off-map area target

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
sgtToni95

Bombing/Off-map area target

Post by sgtToni95 »

Hi all,
I've been thinking about this a lot, since it happened to me a few times that more than one player of the team, unable to communicate and coordinate properly with each other, used an off-map or bombing on an area/unit at the same time, probably wasting a high amount of resources when the targer had already been destroyed.
Same problem applies to artillery bombings, that might be hitting somewhere on the field where a mate is advancing, causing annoying casualties due to friendly fire.

The solution i thought of is to add some more minimap/ground signals, only visible to team mates, warning on where an arty strike, off-map is aimed so to avoid double striking or friendly fire.

To implement this i'd suggest to just leave on the ground those "yellowish" signs the user of the ability sees when requesting it, round ones with arrows for arty, rectangular ones for airstrikes and so on, for the duration of 10/15/20 seconds.

The major problem this would cause, in my opinion, is that so many virtual signs would make the graphic a little too bright and give a more arcade look to the game, which many people might not like.

What i would like to know is what you players think of such a modification, or if you would make it differently, and of course if it's possible to implement by devs.

JimQwilleran

Re: Bombing/Off-map area target

Post by JimQwilleran »

I like the idea, but who knows how much work would it require..

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, though I am also not sure if it's really worth it or whether if it's even possible to achieve or not.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

I don't think it would require much work... at least in coh2 it's a matter of adding a ui action.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

They pretty much already have it in coh 2. But I dont think you can do what they did in coh2 in coh1
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!