Inf doc is the weakest?

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Sukin-kot (SVT)

Re: Inf doc is the weakest?

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Good points hawks, agreed with all of them.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Idk how 107 performs atm.

They are good anti tank... wont shoot at bunkers I think build 4 of them in range of a bunker but they never shot at it.

1. 105 sherman. Is it still most but worst SPG arty? Drop cost, give two. Obviously they rely more on it to stop (or engage/finishing of) armor since hendeld AT chances.

I dont see how it's the worst. It does its job, I dont see how cost is a problem and infnatry doc already has alot of arty for being an non arty doc. Yes they need more anti tank but I dont think more arty is the way to go.

3. Make Rangers simply inf doc only and Elites. As it is more difficult to fight armor with inf there is no more need to feed enemie inf with cheap trash. And being able to beat enemie inf only with 3:1 or 4:1 ratio (or higher) isnt fun at all.

The other doctrines (Armour) are already lacking capable infantry. I think that should be resolved before limiting them even more.

And the 3:1 ratio is quite exeaggerated even though I myself said it previously i only meant so agaist fallshjerms and gebris. If it's purely grens vs rangers (inf doc) the rangers would win just becasue they can be fielded in larger numbers and equipped with more lmgs.

If you want rangers only for their anti infantry they are already good enough. But there are cheaper and better alternatives. And it's hard to feed enemy infantry when there are almost no enemy infantry to feed. I dont think axis infantry should be compared to Infantry Doctrine's infantry soley becasue how many modifiers it gets from the doctrine.
Yes non upgraded american infantry (early game, Non Infantry doctrine) will get abselout eaten by the axis counterpart due to how the mod has given advantages to the axis.
And when late game finally happens infantry becomes obsolete both axis's and allie's. Only a select few can survive the late game, There is no room for basic core infantry.

I would say the required micro to controle the ammount of inf to beat enemie inf + the dedicated AT units like M10 or own armor now is too high for players. Not expecting to outmatch luft inf..... but just make them special and fun to play..... not only when occuring in hordes.

I dont know if this is true since I dont lack said micro. But I guess this could be easily fixed all you need to do is increase their cost and and adjust their stats to that cost. But with their fundemental flaws they will still be... Micro intensive. And my favourite tank the m10 can't even be microed. no hold fire button when bulldozer is there, they act weird when ordered to attack, slow turret, tendancy to miss, and all combined makes it a very "I dont care what happens to this tank" tank.

4. Add the 60 mm mortar. Just for having a smoke battery for late games. 81 mm mortar is just too expensive for that. Doc should have both available.

Why not just add a M6 with 300 range smoke launchers. That would help us both in our worries. Jokes aside such Luxieries are not needed since they already are in the game and easily accesasible but both of them doctrine locked...

p.s Alot of sarcasm was used in the two bottom quotes, I'm a bit sorry about that. I will come back later to those two when I can actually write something suggestive.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

drivebyhobo

Post by drivebyhobo »

Redgaarden wrote:The other doctrines (Armour) are already lacking capable infantry. I think that should be resolved before limiting them even more.

I always liked that other mods implemented an 'armored infantry' squad that came in on a halftrack with a manned turret. Very historically accurate but it's a stretch to say how much more capable they could be compared to a normal rifle squad.

Wake

Post by Wake »

drivebyhobo wrote:I always liked that other mods implemented an 'armored infantry' squad that came in on a halftrack with a manned turret. Very historically accurate but it's a stretch to say how much more capable they could be compared to a normal rifle squad.

Is this a suggestion of replacing the weak and flimsy "Ranger Truck" with an M3 halftrack?

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Is this a suggestion of replacing the weak and flimsy "Ranger Truck" with an M3 halftrack?

I believe he meant movnig it to armour company and renaming them to mechanized infantry.

drivebyhobo

Post by drivebyhobo »

I didn't say anything about infantry doctrine. I just thought it made a good addition to the armor doctrine in other mods.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

Just making an example.