Terror propaganda

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Leonida [525]

Terror propaganda

Post by Leonida [525] »

Hi all! :D
i understood this thing has been discussed many times, but...
I think propaganda abilities of terror in the way they are now are almost never useful, and for what they do they cost too much. I mean, why should I unlock them to spend 100 ammo on a small area or 200 in the sector for a while when I can make a walking stuka/nebel barrage on inf blobs and probably kill someone if they dont retreat? :)
(and then unlock sturmtiger that is in the same branch of the tree)? While in the "propaganda branch" there is nothing else.
And if I want to use retreat ability on a specific dangerous enemy unit i can use the officer one.
So my idea was to change the way this propaganda works..
For example I think that a "pin down" ability would be more useful, 1 in a small area and 1 in the sector, or maybe an ability that applies the new "flames" nerf effects on infantry, or something similar. (i think these things are better for representing "terror" on enemy troops, and more useful while not being "OP" at all)
In this way it's the enemy player who has to make retreat his own units otherwise he could lose them.
Just an idea :)

MarKr
Team Member

Re: Terror propaganda

Post by MarKr »

You are right - instead of the "small area retreat" you can use Stuka or Nebel but they cost resources to build, resources to fire, need to get in range and can be destroyed before they get there. On the other hand the ability can be used anywhere (except for FoW) instantly without any need for getting units close. Same goes for Officer - the ability is the same but he needs to get close and that puts him in danger.

The sector propaganda will be fixed in the next patch - it will instantly retreat all enemy infantry from targeted sector and for the duration of the ability will automatically retreat enemy infantry who enters the sector. So the sector will become a "no-go" zone for opponent's infantry.

Krieger Blitzer

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

The sector propaganda will be fixed in the next patch - it will instantly retreat all enemy infantry from targeted sector and for the duration of the ability will automatically retreat enemy infantry who enters the sector. So the sector will become a "no-go" zone for opponent's infantry.

That's cool.

Sukin-kot (SVT)

Post by Sukin-kot (SVT) »

Propaganda is shit and no one ever uses it, thats it, too bad that devs cant understand this, especially considering the fact that this subject have been adressed multiple times.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

.... I use it... and everytime I do, whether it be from the LT or the area ability I get a "fuck you kwok" every time. Am I literally the only terror doc player that doesn't rush panther or incendiary grenades only?

But I will say, the ability is OP broken and stupid. The instant tactic disruption is fuckin brutal. Damn, you all need to play on my timezone sometime...
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

I think the change is a cool idea, though I feel the amount should still be reduced