Maus tank

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Henny

Maus tank

Post by Henny »

Lately I've been hearing a lot of players complaining about how terror KT sucks and dies to air patrol and air strikes etc.

My idea was to introduce a 3000 mp Call in Maus tank for the terror doctrine that is unlocked with 4 points after the KT. The idea is, its invulnerable to airstrikes because its the maus , etc.

edit: Maybe the P1000 Ratte would be better? It could have 8x 20 MM anti air guns to really defeat air plane patrols. It would cost 3600 MP and your first born child
Last edited by Henny on 01 Mar 2017, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
Dankman is a good guy

sgtToni95

Re: Maus tank

Post by sgtToni95 »

I think the only thing maus was really vulnerable to were airstrikes and arty due to its slow speed and big size.. apart from the model issues i think this is not a good solution to your problem tbh.

autraymond

Post by autraymond »

no, just no. You can build aa guns to avoid planes almost completly.
"There are 2 kind of people who play CoH, those who only play Axis and those who don't give a f***!" - Kwok 2021

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

Henny wrote:Lately I've been hearing a lot of players complaining about how terror KT sucks and dies to air patrol and air strikes etc.

Sucks? i don't think so, dies because of air Patrol? = NORMAL, like all tanks, the thinnest armor plates are located on top, for the Sturmtiger it means 40mm to 28mm of thickness, which is nothing.

The Maus will never be implemented in BK mod for the reasons already explained here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1288 and even if it was, you will get the same results regarding airstrikes.

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

Basicaly, all u offer, is to add completely OP/invulnerable unit to the game.Might work though..

:D
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Henny

Post by Henny »

I edited my first post with another suggestion
Dankman is a good guy

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

I support the idea of Ratte. I would really love to see such unit in the game! It will finally make axis more balanced imo.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

So you want to give to Axis a tank that was not even build in real life? I doubt there is a working model for it.
I am a bit drunk now so I don't know for sure, but this was a troll post, right? :D

Henny

Post by Henny »

MarKr wrote:So you want to give to Axis a tank that was not even build in real life? I doubt there is a working model for it.
I am a bit drunk now so I don't know for sure, but this was a troll post, right? :D

No, I believe that if you have managed to get that many command points and manpower, you should be invulnerable to any kinds of airstrikes. The only way to defeat you is in an honourable tank battle, and not some cowardly tactic like dropping bombs from the sky.
Dankman is a good guy

JimQwilleran

Post by JimQwilleran »

When do we implement the Japanese army?

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

MarKr wrote:So you want to give to Axis a tank that was not even build in real life? I doubt there is a working model for it.

At least one prototype was built, perhaps two. One is a russian museum. But Maus never saw combat.

Many 3d model exists of course, NHC mod use one, we can suppose legit and free to use.

But really the problem is elsewhere. Main problem is BK is a pvp mod. Maus would probably cause balance problem. Next problem is BK tried more or less to keep a general and acceptable historical a realistic line. It is a least my feeling. In this context the Maus have nothing to do at BK.

From my point of view, not to say my experience, the maus would not have been a so big problem if BK had not been an almost exclusive pvp game.
At solo or multicoop such disbalanced things are just a additional difficulty level parameter. I experienced for solo / multicoop such super heavy tanks andu if correctly set, it dont cuase so much problems. I affected this kind of excentricity to propaganda doctrine (that makes more sense imo) in Wunderwaffe section.

At pvp however I think it is not a good idea.

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

My post there was related to the suggestion of implementing P1000 Ratte ;)

idliketoplaybetter

Post by idliketoplaybetter »

I thought it was troll post on those "complainers" too, but ohkay

However, this words kinda make sense to me " if you have managed to get that many command points and manpower...".

It brings up some good memories on my vCoh experience, where aside of arcadish feel of the game, u had more of strat/tactical competition(more then i see at bkmod sadly).So what i am talking about, there(vCoh) u could have amazing Pershing/KT comeback games, 1VP left wins or losses, this kind of things.Which are more of a matter of time/practice/personal view on a game, which also in result means that "if u are good enough to bank MP for KT, then KT will rock and will more likely be gameturner.
Although lol.Just think of it, KT is hardly to be damaged by atguns, zooks/tanks, its worth something, but what ur telling, is that "KT is STILL dying SOMEHOW, fix balance pls".Throwing off, that banking ammo/timing/luck-rng, is preety much the same(doesnt mean, that there is no problem with bombing or else at all, but ur not providing any reasons/arguments). It is just dying and by my view on COMMON SENSE(which apparently based on i dunno what but not reasons), it should not.
So i guess, i feel what Henny means now, but meh, it wont work just by adding anything OP for sure :D, those "complainers" are only waiting for more to complain every time(and bkmod doesnt have neither time/audience to make balance that is even better then now, for the long perspective).

p.s. Eventhough, in my eyes, for so-so year im at bkmod for now, it's obvious that u are doing all u can and its going cool, especially considering number of plain complains u can see lately (hello to haters :D).

Cheers
"You can argue only with like-minded people"

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

I have been fooled by post title it seems and didnt detected the Ratte.

Well. Can I suggest Die Glocke instead of the Ratte ?

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

No, I believe that if you have managed to get that many command points and manpower, you should be invulnerable to any kinds of airstrikes. The only way to defeat you is in an honourable tank battle, and not some cowardly tactic like dropping bombs from the sky.

I'm just saying the best Anti tank US infantry has is M4A3 (76) and M10 Tank Destoyer. These tanks have a hard time even agasint the lowly stugs and pz4 and have like 17% chance to pen tigers and panthers frontally max range. So You! want a tank two magnitudes higher than Tigers and Panthers that can't be killed by Arty/Inf/Air but only tanks?! Abseloutly ludicrous.

And also BK has many advantages to the defender so it's not that hard to stall out the game and wait for commandpoints and manpoweer. Typically resources is not a factor in-game since there is a unlimited amount of them. When game go over 1 hour, Just look at end-game screen and you can see how many resources everyone gets.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!

mofetagalactica

Post by mofetagalactica »

The KT should be a 1 call unit just like the super pershing

KornBlatt

Post by KornBlatt »

mofetagalactica wrote:The KT should be a 1 call unit just like the super pershing

What is the logic?
Five hundred KT made.
Twenty five super Pershing.

Panzerblitz1
Team Member

Post by Panzerblitz1 »

It was a Maus tank thread and has been answered.
Topic locked.