SE and PE questions

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
speeddemon02

SE and PE questions

Post by speeddemon02 »

The one PE issue I have is that only SE has observer HT. Luf and TH do not have any unless I am missing them? Could the HT be added to at least the Luf and maybe TH as well?

For SE, when did the off map Sherman become the M4A3 76W only and no longer has a chance to be a firefly? Could maybe bring back and make a reward to choose between firefly or 76W? I never liked the 76W as SE and would get them killed until a firefly would show up?

SE again unless I'm not seeing it, has no units that can do AA support against UK planes?

Last is the 120mm mortar impact delay. Why 50 munitions to turn on/off? Maybe lower the amount, make it a one time purchase upgrade like HE rounds, or make it a toggle and do less damage against close topped armored vehicles?

MarKr
Team Member

Re: SE and PE questions

Post by MarKr »

SE has observation HT but all PE doctrines have Kettenrad - available in HQ. It is something like a track-motorbike with no weapons but when it is in cover, it automatically hides and can use Binoculars - it is smaller and faster than HT so in a sense it is better recon than the HT.

SE Sherman callin is - and for as long as I can remember was - a random ability. When you use it the game randomly chooses if it calls in a captured 76(W) Sherman or Firefly.

All PE doctrines can build the "flak truck" available in HQ - it has 20mm flak but no armor so it is fragile to any sort of damage. Then armored cars and the reward halftrack can shoot at planes. But it is true that SE and TH have no unit that can activate "static AA mode" and could thus work as pure AA unit - team mates need to help here.

The mortar has huge range and is pretty strong against vehicles and with the "airburst" shots even more against infantry. It is there so that you don't keep switching it "20 times per minute" according to what target you need to kill at each moment.

speeddemon02

Post by speeddemon02 »

Ok, I never use the kettenrad, prob the only unit I didnt look at.

Hmm I wonder if my luck has been rather bad then with the Sherman then. I remember that it listed both, but when I just played it mentioned only the 76W and nothing of the firefly

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

Yup, only bad luck there :D

sgtToni95

Post by sgtToni95 »

Luft doctrine has Vampire HT as well. When in static position it shows you units on minimap, even hidden ones, but doesn't give you direct sight. This vehicle can camo while under cover as well, has an mg and if you place it on an enemy territory you're gonna steal some res from that. It's a really unique one but it's useful for recon.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

MarKr wrote:SE has observation HT but all PE doctrines have Kettenrad - available in HQ. It is something like a track-motorbike with no weapons but when it is in cover, it automatically hides and can use Binoculars - it is smaller and faster than HT so in a sense it is better recon than the HT.

sgtToni95 wrote:Luft doctrine has Vampire HT as well. When in static position it shows you units on minimap, even hidden ones, but doesn't give you direct sight. This vehicle can camo while under cover as well, has an mg and if you place it on an enemy territory you're gonna steal some res from that. It's a really unique one but it's useful for recon.

I wanted to write about this for a long time...
The SE "Observation HT" is pretty unuseful in compare recon possibility with Luft "Vampire HT". I sure, that SE "Observation HT" must to be as Kettenkrad - automatically hides in cover and use Binoculars.

MarKr wrote:The mortar has huge range and is pretty strong against vehicles and with the "airburst" shots even more against infantry. It is there so that you don't keep switching it "20 times per minute" according to what target you need to kill at each moment.

Common mortars can to attack FoW (button with scatter, forget the name of this) free, why 120-mm mortars (and probably US/CW 107-mm) need pay for scatter attack ?

Devilfish

Post by Devilfish »

Vampire HT is the best reconnaissance unit in the game imo. It reveals all hidden units in a huuuuuge area, they are cheap and you can get several of them. So you can basically be aware of all enemy AT guns, AT teams, spotters, snipers + common units as spotter (just need to use a minimap, small price). And it can be camoed anywhere, without a cover.

The only cons is that your allies can't see what you see. But come on, don't be greedy.
"Only by admitting what we are can we get what we want"

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

XAHTEP39 wrote:Common mortars can to attack FoW (button with scatter, forget the name of this) free, why 120-mm mortars (and probably US/CW 107-mm) need pay for scatter attack ?
I think you know that 120mm mortar is faaar deadlier than 80mm mortars - bigger range, more damage...it is stronger than some lower-tier artillery units so it costs ammo to use them.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

MarKr wrote:
XAHTEP39 wrote:Common mortars can to attack FoW (button with scatter, forget the name of this) free, why 120-mm mortars (and probably US/CW 107-mm) need pay for scatter attack ?
I think you know that 120mm mortar is faaar deadlier than 80mm mortars - bigger range, more damage...it is stronger than some lower-tier artillery units so it costs ammo to use them.

Yes, good point.
What`s about buff SE Observation HT (do camo in cover) ?

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

XAHTEP39 wrote:What`s about buff SE Observation HT (do camo in cover) ?

Yup It would be more useful! I support this :)

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

I would have to check but I think the HT has bigger view range than most units + can use binoculars to extend the range even more. If it could camo, then it would reveal half of a map while being invisible itself...also it has VT ability and I think that is one of the reasons it doesn't have the camo - you could just park it somewhere and keep sending arty everywhere.

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

I alway's use this ht now it has the biggest sight range in game i always say and told to Markr actually alot unused units has a secret/ epic ability i remember back then when no one knew about Vampire * I tryed to keep it ability secret when using it:D* now everyone know and everyone like it !
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

Mr. FeministDonut

Post by Mr. FeministDonut »

Panzer-Lehr-Division wrote:I alway's use this ht now it has the biggest sight range in game i always say and told to Markr actually alot unused units has a secret/ epic ability i remember back then when no one knew about Vampire * I tryed to keep it ability secret when using it:D* now everyone know and everyone like it !

good boy, let the world know of his forefather

Panzer-Lehr-Division

Post by Panzer-Lehr-Division »

Mr. FeministDonut wrote:
Panzer-Lehr-Division wrote:I alway's use this ht now it has the biggest sight range in game i always say and told to Markr actually alot unused units has a secret/ epic ability i remember back then when no one knew about Vampire * I tryed to keep it ability secret when using it:D* now everyone know and everyone like it !

good boy, let the world know of his forefather

What do you mean actually?
SunZiom: but true is you`re only one man which i know who really know how play PE
CyberdyneModel101: you're unstoppable

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

MarKr wrote:I would have to check but I think the HT has bigger view range than most units + can use binoculars to extend the range even more. If it could camo, then it would reveal half of a map while being invisible itself...also it has VT ability and I think that is one of the reasons it doesn't have the camo - you could just park it somewhere and keep sending arty everywhere.

Who has bigger sight in "binocular-mode", Observation HT or Kettenkrad ?
Who has bigger sight in "normal-mode", Observation HT or Kettenkrad ?
Who has bigger sight in "on_move-mode", Observation HT or Kettenkrad ?

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

After checking the files the answer to each question is "neither, because they are the same". But it is still what I said - Observation HT has VT ability. If you sneak it in enemy territory, camo and use VT then you can send there barrages from 2 Hummels and 2 Wespes over and over again. Also most of the Recon (or stealth-revealing) units are infantry or something armed with bullets-shooting weapon. US/WM spotter/Ketten is easily killed if such a unit discovers them, this HT would just cancel camo and give them tail lights. Ketten is also smaller and bit faster so if you could sneak somewhere this HT, then you can do it with Ketten too, probably even easier.

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Okey, another suggestion:
1) if HT use camo in cover, then VT is disable; VT is active only if Observation HT is not camouflage.
or
2) just increase sight in all modes (stay, moving, binocular) in compare with Kettenkrad.

Only bulletproof and VT is insufficiently...

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Why does the HT need camo? You can use it to scout and quickly retreat - similarly to M20. M20 has more basic sight, no binocular but 50.cal. This HT has less sight in basic, more with binocular but no weapon so you can use it for recon - when you find good target use VT and quickly get away. The HT has its purpose and nobody complained about it so far so why does it need camo out of sudden?

XAHTEP39

Post by XAHTEP39 »

I understand, camo is not necessary.
Probably increase sights in all modes? It is necessary, becouse there is no armament (M20 with HMG) and expensive then Kkrad; danger must be visible little bit early.