AT Guns and their armour plate.

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
KingPaperTiger

AT Guns and their armour plate.

Post by KingPaperTiger »

Goodmorning, i have a dubt about the AT guns VS other -heavy- guns.
I make an exemple: my Tiger meets a nice 76mm US AT gun in front of him. The panzer shot streight on the AT frontal armour and result in a perfect hit...no one gun crew died? Only damage on AT?! Not so realistic, i think. When a 88mm round hit the thin frontal plate of an AT gun i think someone behind it have to die :D :D :D.
I dont wanna be finicky or boring, it's only "food" for reasoning on realism and improve it.
Steam: KingPaperTiger

In modern war there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason.
-Ernest Hemingway

JimQwilleran

Re: AT Guns and their armour plate.

Post by JimQwilleran »

Have a mercy on AT guns crews lol. They have like 1 hp already, 1 mg burst and the crew is dead.. And I mean all factions now.

KingPaperTiger

Post by KingPaperTiger »

JimQwilleran wrote:Have a mercy on AT guns crews lol. They have like 1 hp already, 1 mg burst and the crew is dead.. And I mean all factions now.

LoL, i understand. I mean something like: AT guns can be harder to hit (shots can hit easily the ground around them), but when hit, someone have to die :lol:
Steam: KingPaperTiger

In modern war there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason.
-Ernest Hemingway

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

This is comparing reality vs game engine which simply doesn't work here. In reality the tank hits AT gun, the metal shield "shatters" and those flying pieces kill soft stuff behind. The game doesn't work this way. Tank guns and AT guns hit one spot and deal damage there. What you ask for would be solvable by giving it AoE damage but that is what HE ammo has in the game. But HE has none penetration potential, only AoE damage, while AP has penetration but no AoE. So this has to stay as it is.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Hehehehe.... works in CoH2.....
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Redgaarden

Post by Redgaarden »

what are you guys talking about? I have often seen the whole crew combust when the AT gun gets destroyed, but sometimes miracles do happen.
Rifles are not for fighting. They are for building!