RA smoke barrage reworking

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
sgtToni95

RA smoke barrage reworking

Post by sgtToni95 »

After discussing all smoke options available in the game ( viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1607) Royal Arty doc's smoke barrage ability has came out to be not that usefull, considering it requires 2 CP and 100 ammo to be used, and might need a rework.
What would the best not balance braking but more useful substitute for this ability?
At the moment i have few suggestions:
1) making it a line smoke barrage, not depending on sectors, same dimension as the "explosive" line barrage, with a little thicker smoke courtain than command tank's one, usable anywhere you can directly see while activating it. Not sure about the price, but since it would provide a great cover to a possible advance, it should be raised (120 ammo possibly more?).
2) making it an area smoke barrage, not depending on sectors, not same AoE as a triage center area, maybe little tinyer, usable only with direct sight on target. Or even smaller area with very dense smoke and shorter cooldown.
3) to mantain it's purely defensive purpose, leaving it's mechanic as it is for vehicles, reducing the delay before the barrage start and making it usable on any sector (allied, neutral, enemy's) to provide some cover to vehicles (maybe inf as well) retreating from an offensive push, and not only to save them from an enemy attack (at guns and mgs should already block enemies).

No idea about cooldown and duration time for any of them.

I'm not very satisfied with any of theese options: just trying to give a starting line to this discussion to invite anyone to give his opinion.

kwok
Team Member

Re: RA smoke barrage reworking

Post by kwok »

I like the idea of a random spread over a large area (so option 2 but bigger). Europe in Ruins mod did this and it lead to some really awesome plays. It would be like a flame and recoiless rifle rush (since in EIR recoiless rifles were designed to have less scatter than bazookas and schrecks. it really created a utility difference between bazooka and RR other than just one is better than the other).
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.