AA units vets

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
Leonida [525]

AA units vets

Post by Leonida [525] »

Hi all :)
since planes and AA are always difficoult to tweak for they're performance, why not completely remove all vets bonuses to AA units and emp against planes? I mean, i dont know precisely how vets affect AA, but vetted AA units and emp of all factions seem to me to overperform against planes, but they are simply very good without vets. Why not keeping them just good but not uber units that alone shoot down every plane they see? :)
Planes dont gain vets, why AA yes? :D
Just a thought, every idea is welcome

Krieger Blitzer

Re: AA units vets

Post by Krieger Blitzer »

Agreed from my side.. and speaking of airstrikes, the Stuka 1000 Kg bomb is not bad... But I really miss the old bombs; the scatter was so much lethal to be honest.

Also, I am almost so sure that the Luft strafe run is not actually shooting its 20mm cannons anymore! When I tested it against your Quad half-tracks. It dealt zero damage :/

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Not possible to do - Vet bonuses apply to unit no matter what kind of target it fires at.

@Tiger: It shoots its AT cannon but it does it the same way as Stuka did it previously. It fires (I think) 4 shots from the cannon and those shots hit the ground with a certain space between each shot. If the vehicles manages to "fit" between the position where the shots hit, it takes no damage. Normal MGs don't penetrate armor so it needs to get hit by the cannon.

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

MarKr wrote:Not possible to do - Vet bonuses apply to unit no matter what kind of target it fires at.

Hmm ok.. And what about to give 0 XP from every plane shot down? So, unit kills planes but gain no vets? Or something similar

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

How does that help? It will get no Vet for killing a plane but it will still get Vet by killing other units and the bonuses will apply just as they normally would.

Krieger Blitzer

MarKr wrote:@Tiger: It shoots its AT cannon but it does it the same way as Stuka did it previously. It fires (I think) 4 shots from the cannon and those shots hit the ground with a certain space between each shot. If the vehicles manages to "fit" between the position where the shots hit, it takes no damage. Normal MGs don't penetrate armor so it needs to get hit by the cannon.

Hmm, and why such weird functions are applied at all? Although I used to see the Stuka always firing its 20mm cannons all the time. But I simply can't see it shooting them anymore.. there are never any effects on the ground as well.

I would say... Just make the AoE perhaps wider or longer, like the US strafe.. and allow the 20mm cannons to work differently; in return u could probably increase its price to 150 ammo or something! But currently I have to say it's just so bad actually.

About AA units veterancy levels, maybe just remove entirely :P I am honestly unable to evaluate the changes to the AA effectiveness precisely enough.

Leonida [525]

Post by Leonida [525] »

Yes but in this case if you want a vetted AA unit you have to use it a lot against other things, so you highly risk to lose it. If you dont care about vet you simple place it backwards in AA mode. In this way also AA emplacements placed a lot back can hardly gain vets

MarKr
Team Member

Post by MarKr »

Just don't look at the yellow box, the hit area is bigger than that...and so what that it has no visual effect? You need to have craters in the grounds to see that it does something? :D

Krieger Blitzer

Well, yes :D The effects on the ground used to be really cool for sure! If possible, then I guess it should be visible.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Where is vet info even kept for AA emplacements? I can't find it.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

Emplacement is a unit Inside a building. For vet look at the unit not the building. Shortly for quad emp, whatever it could be nest, nest airborne or nest nest starting, look at sbps\races\allies\vehicles\m55_maxson_squad_nest.lua for info you re looking for.

edit ; it is like that for all emplacements, Flak AT hmg arty ect ...

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Ah... the nest is a vehicle haha got it. Didn't expect that there.
Tarakancheg: I want volkssturmm to upgrade to knights cross holders at vet 5 so that I can just show players how bad they are.

Jalis

Post by Jalis »

If you persist in using corsix, you will learn that things are rarely where they should be.

kwok
Team Member

Post by kwok »

Haha well, this I think was the organization approach of the devs more than Corsix. I think it's the same org structure as vcoh is why. I like coh2 editor because it's much easier to move things around, edit, and compare things.