Need StuG.III in PE

Do you have a balancing problem or do you want to make a suggestion for the game? You are at the right place.
XAHTEP39

Need StuG.III in PE

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Hi everyone and cheers R-DEVs ! ;)
It has long wanted to create this topic...

Not so long ago comrade Panzerblitz1 start pretty topic with illustrative diagram of german tanks`s production (viewtopic.php?f=14&p=14856#p14856)
This diagram shows that StuG.III (all versions) is a most mass type of german armours; Even Pz.IV (all versions) is not so mass.

But what we have in BK-mod ? StuG.III/StuG.IV is present only in Blitz and Terr docs...

There is four similar german vehicle (becouse it is closed housing, low profile, strong front/weak sides and 75-mm L/48 cannon): StuG.III (~9000 produced), StuG.IV (~1100 produced), JagdPz.IV/48 (769 produced), Hetzer (>2500 produced).
All of this AT-vehicles is present in BK-mod with similar characteristic and different abilities.

I want to suggest some replacements between this four AT-vehicles in order to represent production:

1.1 Def doc. Only JagdPz.IV/48 (good for defense - have hulldown ability). But replace JagdPz.IV/70(A) to JagdPz.IV/70(V) (from TH).
1.2/1.3 Blitz/Terr docs. Save currently. Rewarded StuG.III/IV (slightly inclination AP/AT).
2.1 PE doc. Rewarded Hetzer/StuG.III (slightly inclination AT/AP)
2.2 Luft docs. Only StuG.IV prefer "late" version for diversity.
Spoiler: show
Currently StuG.IV "late" is only in BK doc in random (25%) call-in

2.3 TH doc. Rewarded Hetzer/StuG.III (slightly inclination AT/AP). But replace JagdPz.IV/70(V) to JagdPz.IV/70(A) (from Def doc).

P.S. Why I touch JagdPz.IV/70 ? Becouse JagdPz.IV/48 will be only in Def doc, it is Vomag produced, like as JagdPz.IV/70(V) , therefore alone Alkett produced JagdPz.IV/70(A) will be alone without JagdPz.IV/48 in TH doc.

Welcome to discuss pro/contra of idea ! 8-)
Last edited by XAHTEP39 on 29 Dec 2016, 15:20, edited 2 times in total.

Jalis

Re: Need StuG.III in PE

Post by Jalis »

It is not new, common units can be about absent at BK, and rare ones widely spreaded.

Example for the first one is, you are right, the stug III, and in the second the puma or the flak panzers.

For vehicles distributions I think it have roots in Vcoh. Inheritage at bk was sdkfz 251 and stug are WH sdkfz 250 and hetzer at PE.

If you ask me I will simply say you re preaching to a converted. I have adapted Bk for my usage, and the stug III is present without stug IV reward in PE Luftwaffe instead of hetzer/JPIV. Main reason Is I took the Hermann Goering fallschirm pzdiv for model.

XAHTEP39

Re: Need StuG.III in PE

Post by XAHTEP39 »

Good reason about StuG.IV for Luft.
So I edit first topic to change the choose of Luft doc.